Dizziness finally fixed

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been battling off balance and dizziness for years. My symptoms were really off balance vertigo that would hit me so bad i thought i was going to die. Everytime i had it i also had sinus pressure only on my right side. Earache and headache. I was put on anxiety meds meclizine i had a cta scan and even a brain angiogram which was awful. This was going on and off for 6 years. I finally found an article with my exact symptoms and it mentioned tmj. I have always grinded my teeth when i sleep esp when i drink. I realized my bite not be perfect either. I went to the local drug store and bought a mouthgard. I heated it up made it fit and slept with it every night it helped right away. Its been 5 months not 1 episode but i do have to replace the guard every 2 months or so. Only other thing i do is try to relax my juw during the day cause im always clinching my teeth. Hope this helps somebody!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Im so glad that helped you. When my symptoms started, i remember vividly. it was like someone was squeezing my jaw and the back of my neck i was so dizzy. i called my dentist who referred me to a dentist who specializes in TMJ . saw that doctor and had a mouth orthodic made for me. i was so excited for the dizziness to stop but it hasnt ): it definitely helped my headaches but my neck pain & dizziness is still not good. my anxiety makes it 100x worse. once the new year starts & i have medical insurance i plan on seeing a doctor for my anxiety. im hoping managing that will give me some relief ):

sorry for typos for some reason this website doesnt coordinate properly with my iphone lol

• Posted

Hi Kevin,

I am so happy for you, I am still in the same position,

I have simillar e symptoms as yours, I will try what you did I hope it will work with me.

Best of luck.

Sab

• Posted

I sure hope it helps. If you google tmj symptoms you will find it explains a lot of the symptoms you may be having. Keep me posted on how it goes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.