Dizziness from menopause

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi lovely ladies,

i know i have asked this a couple of times before but i want to have some assurance that I am not alone. Has anyone been having dizziness or floaty kind of feeling almost everyday during menopause? i went to the neurologist & he didn't think anything wrong with my brain. I am on oestrogel gel for the past 5 months but it doesn't seem to make me feel better. This is driving me nuts. i can't concentrate on work or anything for the matter of fact. It is making me so so miserable. Any advice on remedy will be much appreciated.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

Hi Irene, I was just about to ask this same question, but decided to read the latest one! I guess I am not alone either. I have had spells of dizziness - don't know whether to call them a spell or not. The dizziness is usually for split second and I feel kind of spaced out (don't know what else to call it...).

I am experiencing this again after a few months, and now as before is not a good feeling and Dr. Google does not give any useful tips.

I hope anyone can give any tips how to deal with it. It is scary at times.

• Edited

Hello Irene. Yes normally I get this dizziness right before my period and sometimes after. It is horrible. A little spacey a little off balance. Lack of concentration. Sometimes it gives me anxiety which makes it so much worse. I have no remedy for you but I sleep with humidifier I also have bad sinuses. Steam showers help. I still try to move around although I feel wonky lol. And rest do something relaxing that you enjoy. I am on day 14 with no period in site for this month ugh. So I am having crazy symptoms. Be kind to yourself hopefully will be through to the other side soon.

• Posted

im on day 5 and feel like im coming out of my skin if that makes any sense my vision is blurry i feel off balance weak jello legs like im off balance its weird cause before period i was onay and last two days its like im hupersensative to everything and jumpy on edge and feel like inwill explode i hope im not losing it

• Edited

Hi Irene

I suffer with vertigo too. When i had my first attack i had no idea what was happening and was terrified. I was happy just to know it had a name. I saw a neurologist too because of that and also tingling but all clear.

As my husband had taken me to a & e with the vertigo they prescribed Prochlorperazine and when i have a bad turn i take one and it works really quickly .

I don't know about you but it's not just being dizzy - really difficult to describe to someone who hasn't experienced it!

Keep hydrated - I drink 1 1/5 litres of water a day anyway so not a problem for me.

I also try not to move from one position to another to quickly or get up too fast - hard, I know!

I'm three years post meno and getting more symptoms now than i ever have.

Hope you can get some relief.

• Posted

The moderator blocked my comment. I will PM you the response.

• Posted

I'm also interested in your response as I've dealing with terrible vertigo for over a year.

• Edited

hello irene

i do experience this same spells of diziness. its like an inbalance. floating feeling. my doctor prescribed stemetil 5mg (prochlorperazine maleate) to be taken one tablet 3 times a day for 2 weeks. wow! by the 3rd day i am better.

please know there is nothing to fear.

• Posted

yes very much so have experienced this. in the past and at the moment in lockdown with my mum. end up going to bed for half an hour till it vaguely improves. doctor said 3 litres of water a day. i have everyday headache which makes it all worse. i wear a wide brimmed hat when out. im avoiding too much screen time. too. my osteopath thinks it might be to do with my neck? vertigo can be but its s well known menopause thing, sadly

• Edited

Yes

Dizziness

Heavy head

and falling forward issues i face everyday.

Its peri effect

Tk

Hang is there

You r not alone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.