Dizziness, head pressure, headaches and lightheadedness

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I've been having dizziness, head pressure, migraines headaches, head feels full and lightheadedness when trying to sleep. Seems like I wake up every 5-10mins. It's messing up my life. Help.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had the same symptoms and it started with a terrible bout of vertigo. I am on 10 mg amitriptyline and 400mg of magnesium and 200 mg of B2. I don't know if it was the amtriptyline that helped or just the passage of time but I am doing much better.Watch this video on Youtube and see if this sounds like your symptoms. Put this in the search box  Vestibular Migraine - TC (Part 1)

• Posted

Hi, Ashley. 

I've had bouts of dizziness & migraine too. Stress is a number one trigger. Then take a look at your sodium (salt) intake.as far as the dizziness goes. Cut back. Salt is in everything. Check the labels. Add more potassium to your diet: bananas, sweet potatoes, coconut water. Excedrin Migraine works for me but you have to take it at the first sign of a migraine. Do not wait it out! Also, be sure to drink plenty of water during the day. Sleep is crucial! Melatonin or valerian to help you sleep at night. Feel better soon and hope these tips help. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.