Dizziness/head spinning

Posted , 3 users are following.

Recently, I lost about 10 kilos from eating less and exercise, and really watching my diet. For the past few weeks, I’ve had symptoms of:

• dizziness
  • drowsiness
  • head spinning when I get up too quick and walk fast.

yesterday I nearly felt as if I was going to fall, but quickly didnt. I’m unsure why this is the case? Currently I am not on medications, and i am 20 years old and weigh 74 kilograms.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Jonathan. Since you mentioned that you lost a lot of weight and that you are on a more restrictive diet coupled with exercise, here's my guess: you may be eating too few calories, which is common in rapid weight loss diets. The side effects of this type of diet include dizziness, weakness, nausea, constipation, and headaches. These symptoms are signs that the calories ingested are not enough to generate the energy needed for the body to function. In this case, besides seeing a doctor, you can start consuming complex carbohydrates, i.e., those slowly digested by the body such as whole grain rice, pasta and bread, sweet potatoes, skimmed yogurt, oatmeal, chickpeas, and black beans.

• Posted

Sounds like you feel faint, and this stems just from new weight loss. Its normal to experience body backlash on losing or gaining weight, however, you should see your GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.