Dizziness/headach/tinnitus/nausea

Posted , 3 users are following.

this is my second posting on this topic.

further to my first discussion, I actually started to feel better after taking ginkgo/Bilbao.  I felt pretty good for about week, then the symptoms came back without warning.

It returned with minor off balance feeing.  Could not get to sleep.  Got 4 hours sleep And had to get up to do errands.  I tried the epply maneuver.  Where I did not have vertigo, things moved and I was very uneasy.  I made the best of it and did my best to keep going.  I managed to sleep in the car for an hour while the family was in walmart.

following day was a bit better but had to lay down agter bfast.  Next day I felt better after getting up but then made the bed and had to laydown..  Headach dizzy ne k ache.  I felt better laying down but when I got up had a very uneasy feeling for a while.

following day woke up still uneasy but was able to go to work.  Had a headach all day and feeling dizzy and ears bothering me as if my ear drums being stretched.  Decided to go to urgent care to rule out an ear infection.  All they could tell me was no infection.  Go to the hospital which I did not.

does anyone have these symptoms?

im going to go to a new ent tomorrow once I confirm they take my insurance. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

See if the ENT can do a VEMP test. It's an easy test where they check your inner ear and neck muscles. I have been like you for a while and my left side did not do well on the VEMP test. My doctor said she thinks it's my neck causing the issues. I am focusing on the SCM muscle, so look up issues with the SCM muscle. Not every ENT does a VEMP test. My doctor thought nothing would come from it but she was wrong.

• Posted

Thanks.  I will tell the ent dr about the vemp text and hope they heard of it.

im getting anxious as I'm supposed to travel wed if it's nit cancelled due to Irma. 

• Posted

I've been reading about the vemp test and issues with the scm muscle.  It sounds like that could be what I have.  I hope the ent dr can find out or refer me.  If this is it and I can be cured I owe you everything.  

• Posted

I will also show an article to my physical therapist tomorrow who has been giving me neck massages and exercises. 
    • Posted

I hope it is your issue and you get fixed. I have also read that people do something called dry needling to fix the issue. I go to an osteopath doctor for this
  • Posted

Be careful doing anything like hallpike or epely yourself. If you don't do it correctly it will make you worse. I have had swimmers ear twice this year. Haven't been in a pool in decades. Have no clue how I got them. Both times the infection was do bad my ears swelled shut.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.