Dizziness, headaches right side of head, upper body spasms

Posted , 1 user is following.

Ok, my first and desperate post. Male, 40, with controlled high BP. Two weeks ago extreme feeling of lightheadedness started. The room wasnt spinning, just more that I needed to sit down. Docs suggested Labrynthitis and prescribed prochlorperazine then betahistine hydrochloride. Neither meds improved my condition and I went to A&E. Echogram done and bloods checked, sent home. I'm now getting upper bodytremor/spasms across the top of my chest. I was originally waking up during the night with a shakiness feeling but now its more spasm like. These episodes come and go at different times during the dayand night. A few nights ago, I felt like something happened in my head and then my neck went stiff. Went to A&E and they did another echogram, performed some reflex tests then sent me home as my condition didnt present anything sinister. I'm now awaiting a CT scan that my GP has requested but i feel like a nervous wreck. These episodes seems to get worse and occur daily. I get jelly legs and weak upper arms too. Its like something is taking over my body. Anything jumping out to anyone?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.