Dizziness - Heart Palpitations - Panic attack?

Posted , 9 users are following.

So Tuesday I had been feeling a bit dizzy. Come tuesday evening my heart begin to race and I needed to get out (I was having a meal at the time). The feeling was very intense, terryfying. It took me about 30 minutes to calm down.

The next day the diziness was still there, and then after doing some weights, the heart began racing again and panic set in. 

I went to the hopsital, and all tests came back clear. ECG fine, Chest Xray fine, and bloods all fine. They sent me home wihtout explanation.

Today I thought I was doing okay (diziness still present but not as strong). Symtoms came rushing back when I was shopping to the point I just wanted to run.

All of a suddent this has effected my life - I feel like I can't do anything.

Up till this point I was very happy. Now I'm deeply concerned. It feels as though I'm always seconds away from a heart attack.

People have suggested panic attacks? Or anxiety... I really don't know, and I'm at a loss.

Has anyone had a similar experience? 

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Sam! 

It defo sounds like anxiety and i know its horrible. It can occur at any time even when you think your not thinking about it. it happened to me this morning sad all my anxiety has magnified fears i didnt even no i had.

You must try and work through it as much as you can and eventually it will pass. i experince diszziness so i know thats hard to work through. make sure to tell people around you how you feel even if its just like `im feeling crappy today` getting of your chest always works. for me if people know how im feeling it puts me at ease. 

you would know if you were actually ill, thats what people say to me anyway lol so just tell yourself your being stupid when you start to panic. take deep breaths and get some air when needed. drink plenty of fluid. do you take vitamins? a multi vitamin with iron would be good for you?

My dad had a heart attack a few years ago and if you were having one you would know about it trust me smile stay calm. x

• Posted

Hi Beth.

Thanks for your message.

I'll definitley try the vitamins. I'm waiting to see the doctor this morning. Hopefully she can shed some light.

I don't know anyone who has suffered with anxiety or panic attacks. So have very little understanding about this whole thing.

Is it normal to have the dizziness last for four days. As I'm on day four now and nothing has changed. Still dizzy, still suffering from heightened panic and heart racing... It seems more prominent when doing something physical.

Have you suffered long?

Sam

• Posted

Hey sorry for the late reply.

How did it go with the doctor?

I have suffered for years with a sickness phobia but the last 2 years it has been horrific. The lasty month everyone has been sick and its been awful im really sturggling. I feel sick, dizzy, get sweaty and heart palpitaions. I loose my apetite and cant sleep its never ending. Im very up and down i have good days and very bad days. this weekend has been particuly challenging as my sister was sick friday night so ive barley slept thinking i will catch it even tho im very clean and my mum cleans everything top to bottom. i dont share the same bathroom and i stayed away from her but i still panic beyond all reason sad

• Posted

I had random bouts of racing heart one lasting 5 hours !! I went into a taxi in this time and waited in doctors for 45 minutes before seeing one I couldn't control it and it wasn't calming down I still say to this day it was something more than anxiety but all ecg heart ultrasound ect came back ok

I still can not believe anxiety could do that !

I now suffer from many more symtoms and I will never forget that day last year because it's scared me so much it happened 6 times before I did not happen again I still have little bouts after sitting I will stand up my heart will race I get so Dizzy I have to bend down or hold onto something when I had the big attacks last year I could not even walk after them I was so weak it's amazing what anxiety can do to you

• Posted

Thanks for everyones input into this.

I went to the doctors this morning and she thinks I'm suffering from Vertigo.

She's put me on some anti-sickness tablets. So I will take it from here and hope that they will set me straight in a few days. 

Sam

• Posted

Hi Sam, I am very pleased to hear that you have been to see your doctor, and that the diagnosis is not too serious.

The anti-sickness tablets should help you, but if you find that they do not please remember not to suffer in silence. Doctors are there to help you.

All the best

• Posted

Hey Sam, I've recently started experiencing very much similar symptoms. I've been to the doctors twice and both times my ECG and blood pressure came up fine. I wanted to see after 3 years if you've gotten any better and what helped if so, thanks smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.