Dizziness increase during hotflashes

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

Is anyone here in menopause? I've noticed when I have a hot flash I feel the dizziness coming and then it increases a lot during the flash. Does anyone else notice this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I get dizzy with hot flashes.  I was just put on low dose estrogen gel, in the hopes it may actually help my symptoms, like brain fog, irritability and insomnia.  We are hoping it won't make the migraines worse; hoping it might actually help those too.

• Posted

Hi Patty

mine all started with the menopause,  I have BPPV and migraine associated vertigo.  I am not on a medication which is very helpful and also relieves shoulder pain due to bulging neck disc, which i think is a big cause of the dizziness also. Nortriptyline 10 mgs is the dose i take but can be increased if needed.

• Posted

I had my vertigo attack September 2015.  I started hot flashes December of 2015.  I think there may be a correlation as well. 
    • Posted

All my balance problems started with the menopause in 2013.  There is usually a cause and effect if you can find the timeline. I saw a consultant who said the oldest person he ever treated for onset was in their 90's.

• Posted

What type of correlation would I be looking for?  What did your doctor find?  It's a bit more tricky for me to figure out since I had a uterine eblation about 8 years ago to stop my very heavy periods.  It worked as I never had a period after that.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.