Dizziness is gone...

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ---I have good news.  After 10mos of being dizzy/and/or spacey headed it has gone away about 1 month ago.  Don't know why but just so happy it did.  My feeling is it was a virus.

Now if I could get rid of the chronic neck & back pain I would be good to go smile  Here is hope for the rest of you struggling with this issue.

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm no longer dizzy.  That went away after a week from a Vertigo attack.  However, I do feel light headed and/or have a "swimmy" feeling in my head everyday since then.  Just differnte degrees of it.   I hope it goes away for good at some point!!  It's been almost 3 months.

I find I feel the best AFTER I workout.  It's just getting myself there  LOL

• Posted

Glad to hear that this has left you and gives me some hope!!
  • Posted

Well done glad to hear someone has got over this pain in the bum condition..i am myself feeling a wee bit better but still not 100%..but having been through this 17 years ago i know the light at end of tunnel is not too far away hopefully..
  • Posted

Happy for you virus sounds good i know a lot of people were sick before getting this good luck keep my fingers crossed for you
  • Posted

Glad you're better. Were you diagnosed with anything specific?
  • Posted

Hi marie and everyone else,

Im at 6 months of feeling constant 24/7 lightheaded and dizzy. No real balance issues at all.

I had this 9 nine years ago but it went away after 6 weeks over the space of around 4 days I felt it dissipate daily very quickly.

This time....no such luck.

Interestingly, each time was triggered by a night out drinking. I dont know if Anyone could relate to this.

I had all the tests and my balance test came back that ive lost 25% of my left vestibular system.

No hearing loss. Mild tinnitus in my left ear and I can hear my heartbeat in my right ear.

My ENT consultant couldnt and wouldnt put a label on it. He said it was either labs or menieres. But I pointed out id had this 9 years ago so he ruled out menieres.

its worse this time around and I am very VERY fearful that I will never compensate.

Marie did you notice your dizzies went over the space of a few days or much more gradual?

I start VRT mid october and am not overly optomistic. As no manouvers I perform on myself induce dizziness so how can the vrt help?

Perhaps im just just too depressed and anxious to think positively anymore. Which is bad enough dealing with on top of this head monster we have to deal with!

Crest.

• Posted

Hi crest..... I feel for you so much----I know you can't plan anything.  Seems like once you get the dizzys it will come back later on.  I was told one day it would just go away.  I believe it was a slow process.  Did tell you about the You tube videos on movement?  Let me know --computer running slowww.
    • Posted

Hi marie,

Thanks for that, no dont know about the you tube vids.

May I ask how it started for you?

And what were your exact symptoms? Did you have always tired eyes? Any tinnitus or other noises? Complete fatigue?

Thanks

Crest

• Posted

HI--    One day I just felt light headed & that was the beginning.  Sometimes I had tinnitus mostly on one side.  And yes I was so tired & my eyes were tired & at times I cried in frustration.  I missed out on things & stayed in the house too much.
    • Posted

Exact same symptoms as me. But the foggy head seems to be worse I think not better. Which has got me down.

Did you do vrt to get better? So sorry for all the questions.

• Posted

No problem because I have been where you are.....I too found the foggy head beyond annoying. Also when I started to get better & would go out to do shopping my balance would be a little off.

I did go to vestibular therapy a few months into all this & I was doing better so I quit the therapy.  But the symptoms came right back again. I took meds here & there but what helped the most was a little nerve pill to calm me down.  I feel for you but you don't know when it will end & that is the depressing part.  It creates so much anxiety.

If you pray -pray or meditate whatever gives you calmness and/or hope.

I hope it ends sooner rather then later for you.

• Posted

Thankyou so much for your help.

Did the doctor tell you what it was ?and what was the nerve pill you took please?

Crest.

• Posted

The nerve pill I take is called Ativan 5mg.  The meds for dizziness like Meclazine or Bonine made me worse!  During the day I take a half of the Ativan followed by a nap maybe.

They never told me what it was but did say there are nerves in the ear that run into the brain & branch off like little fibers.  It is possible one gets inflammed by a virus.  A neurosurgeon told me it takes a LONG time for those nerves to heal.  That is why I think the videos of movement helped because it is the brain & eye movement working together.

I do believe I was on my way to getting better when I watched those videos.  I am an older person so maybe it took longer for me to heal.

Not sure.  DO you go out to big stores?  They can really mess you up.  I still have to be careful about turning around to many times.  Keep me informed of your progress.

• Posted

I was writing to you & accidentally erased it darn.....anyway -videos by Byung Han a neurologist  on U Tube different ones that range from 4 to 6 min watch 20 min  a day am & pm if you can.  Drink plenty of water.  Go to places that make you a little uncomfortable like a supermarket...not alone..  This info on dizziness was given to me here by Mark 49845 2mos ago.  It is for VRT..... Let me know if you do this & good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.