Dizziness is scarin me

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi u suffer from anxiety when I got up today I went really dizzy an I when I reached for somethin up high I went dizzy soon as I put my head down it stopped my ear hurt yesterday could ths be my ears makin it happen sory bt I'm scared

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like anxiety and BPPV. Look BPPV up on Google. Looking up and getting dizzy is characteristic of BPPV symptoms. There is a simple maneuver that a physical therapist can perform that will clear it if it is that. If your ear hurts as well you may need an antibiotic as you could well have an inner ear infection as well. It should be fine with treatment.
  • Posted

Hi Jackie,I've suffered over 3 months with dizziness now and I would say go get your ears checked by doctor as soon as you can,I know its scary but when I worry I get panic attacks,its best to stay calm,take care lisa
    • Posted

Hi Lisa I get panic attacks to I went to the doctors they tell me my ears r fine bt they keep hurting like somebody is stickin a screwdriver in thanks for helpin me I hope ur dizziness gets sorted
    • Posted

Thank you,I've only just started getting panic attacks when my dizziness gets really bad and I don't want another one its so scary,I've been off work 3 months as I'm to dizzy to go,how are you coping?lisa
    • Posted

I had panic attacks for years I worry about stupid things doctor says there stupid bt to me there big u hate goin dizzy an I shouldn't moan u got it worse than me
    • Posted

One of my friends suffers from panic attacks and doctors are not understanding but to her all the little things play on her mind and build up into one big panic attack,I'm sure there not stupid,I feel sorry for you,if you need to talk I'm here for you ,Lisa x
  • Posted

The best way to deal with a panic attack is to not fight it but to go THROUGH it.  Don't try to stop it. Allow yourself to have it and breathe slowly in through the nose and out through the mouth. The dizziness definitely made my panic attacks worse,  but you CAN get through it. Also doing something "normal" can make them go away faster. Brush your teeth or comb your hair. I also take 30 MG of Paxil a day to help me with them.  Take care. It's going to be okay. Mary 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.