Dizziness/Nausea

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone else ever get dizzy or nauseous randomly? Seems like every few months something new comes along and I like to know if anyone else goes through these things too, and if it's normal. I got really dizzy for a few seconds shopping last week, but it quickly went away. Then the last couple days I'll have moments of slight dizziness and moments of nausea. It's not too terrible, but I just want to know if this is normal? My son was sick and throwing up a couple of days ago so it could be a touch of that, I don't know.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Faith, yes I get moments of dizziness, and also nausea. Just another couple of symptoms to add to the many! xx
  • Posted

Yes I do as well. Usually it is something I ate that I am intolerant to. Also due to a bout of low blood pressure. There are also so many viruses going around that we are sure to pick them up since our immune system is not strong. I had a virus just this week. Sharp body pains, weakness and nausea. Somehow we usually cope heh Faith? Have a good weekend girl! Maggie x
  • Posted

I was diagnosed a couple of months ago, but I've suffered what you have described for years.

I get sudden light headedness and an empty/nauseous feeling in my stomach. This is normall with slight tremors. I used to think it was my blood sugars and normally have a bar of chocolate which would only improve the symptoms a little. I have been tested neg for diabetes.

To be honest this and the sudden fatigue is probably at the top of the 'worst symptoms' list.

I stated taking floradix and turmeric supplements a month ago. While it's too early to say these have helped with the dizziness, tremors and nausea, I have had no episodes of these symptoms since I started taking them.

From what I've read on this and other forums it's a common symptom.

Im still learning about fibromyalgia, but a lot of the health issues I've had for years and just put down to growing older seem to be related to fibromyalgia.

Hope this helps and you feel better soon..

• Posted

Good for you Azzarh! Taking supplements really does help cope with our condition. I notice that although tests for anemia come back normal, an iron supplement usually helps me. I don't eat a great deal of meat so supplementing seems to help. B12 deficiency can cause dizziness and weakness as well. We FM sufferers usually are deficient in certain minerals and vitamins. Turmeric has always helped me cope with inflammation and pain as well. It is a natural anti inflammatory and has many other healing properties. Nutrition definitely has a major affect on our overall well being. I find Food Grade Diatamaceous Earth is also a wonderful supplement which can get rid of intestinal parasites or other nasties that may be an issue. It is crustaceons from the sea. It looks like flour. So if one is not allergic to seafood, it has all kinds of healing properties and vitamins and minerals. It has made a real difference for me personally. 

• Posted

Hi Faith and others;  I, too, suffer from dizziness, especially if I move/turn too quickly; and also when rolling over in bed.  I have spoken re this issue with my GP  and physio, and have been told "it's the Re-arranging of the Crystal Salts in our Inner Ear/s".  I hence went in and researched this, and found that "with Auto-Immune Diseases, they can affect the Inner Ear Canals/Salts.....by Re-arranging them.....attacking them".  I also read that if this is NOT addressed within 6 weeks to 6 months by a Physio, then these salts become "embedded in the solutions, which solidify and become set in a gel-like substance", and will remain there.

?Now, I am Not saying this is Everyone's issue, but do feel it is mine: and as I have left it too late for treatment, thinking "it will pass as do all other symptoms", I now am looking at "losing my hearing in both ears".  It also mentions that this can come from ANY Auto0-immune conditions (OA, Rhuematoid,MS, Lupus etc).

?My advice for those who are just starting to get these symptoms, is to see a good physio, and try to "get the crystals rearranged" now.

?I had never even heard of "these crystals" in our inner-ears, even though I had thought I knew our Anatomy pretty well???  HA

• Posted

Hi Faith and others;  I, too, suffer from dizziness, especially if I move/turn too quickly; and also when rolling over in bed.  I have spoken re this issue with my GP  and physio, and have been told "it's the Re-arranging of the Crystal Salts in our Inner Ear/s".  I hence went in and researched this, and found that "with Auto-Immune Diseases, they can affect the Inner Ear Canals/Salts.....by Re-arranging them.....attacking them".  I also read that if this is NOT addressed within 6 weeks to 6 months by a Physio, then these salts become "embedded in the solutions, which solidify and become set in a gel-like substance", and will remain there.

?Now, I am Not saying this is Everyone's issue, but do feel it is mine: and as I have left it too late for treatment, thinking "it will pass as do all other symptoms", I now am looking at "losing my hearing in both ears".  It also mentions that this can come from ANY Auto0-immune conditions (OA, Rhuematoid,MS, Lupus etc).

?My advice for those who are just starting to get these symptoms, is to see a good physio, and try to "get the crystals rearranged" now.

?I had never even heard of "these crystals" in our inner-ears, even though I had thought I knew our Anatomy pretty well???  HA

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.