dizziness,off balance, head & neck pain, confused state for almost 2 weeks now :(

Posted , 44 users are following.

Hi I've been feeling dizzy & off balance, head &neck pain, feeling sick all the time & find it so hard to eat & been in a confused sate since this happened almost 2 weeks ago. I've had my bloods done but came ok. anyone else been feel8ng the same & if so what could it be? I'm feeling so low & depressed as I hate the confused feel8ng as I have two young children to care for sad

3 likes, 81 replies

81 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Anita,

How are you doing now? I know this is an old post but I really want to know as I am having symptoms like what you had described.

• Posted

I have the same problem for 6 months now saw every doctor I can possibly see . I'm scared it could be something serious . I really don't know what to do anymore . 

• Posted

Hi Anita can i I just say you are not alone I suffer from the exact and it's so frustrating I can be doing something so simple and next thing I'm spinning round feeling sick and constantly have a bad tummy I've found certain foods can irritate me but the lack of sleep and worry all the time doesn't help I have had physio but without a diagnosis how can it help I am due to have an MRI soon so fingers x I sympathise with you very much and appreciate someone else feels the same all the best

• Posted

I have all the same symptoms,my doctor says it’s anxiety,then vertigo,

had a CT scan all clear

ginger in my tea helps a little also exercise 

• Posted

Hi Anita!

I empathize with you in regards to your symptoms as I have been experiencing them for nearly 3 months. I have however found a significant amount of relief in the past 2 weeks. At first I thought I had something serious but blood levels were fine and MRI was fine as well. I went to an ENT to see if i had an inner ear disorder but he actually recommended to see a dentist because I had TMJ (tempormandibular Jaw dysfunction) in which is when the jaw is misaligned and pull on surrounding muscles (neck/shoulder/temporalis) causing my headaches, brain fog, upper back pain, neck pain, etc. In addition to TMJ, I went to a chiropractor who did Xrays on me and told me I had poor posture which is most likely due to poor exercise/diet/stomach sleeping and etc that cause the jaw to be misaligned thus manipulating and stressing muscles around that causes the symptoms we both experience. In regards to anxiety, I researched why I was having anxiety for no reason and come to find out my diet was poor thus affecting my gut. That is when I learned that YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT (research the Brain-Gut connection!!) I started making organic green smoothies and after drinking them for 3 days I noticed I wasnt nervous/anxious anymore which helps me not focus on my TMJ issues causing these issues. I am getting a splint made by my dentist to help realign my jaw, which places it in a more comfortable/natural position, which leads to relaxing facial/head muscles, which stops pulling on neck and shoulder muscles (especially the SCM muscle), which will provide relief from dizziness (feeling off). I still continue with chiropractic care and trigger therapy/massages. I correct my posture whenever I am at my desk and stop looking downward to use my phone. I found to weightlift as well to build back muscle/posture which also contributes to pulling on neck/facial/head muscles. See how this can connect? from Day 1 to present I have found SIGNIFICANT relief - almost there when I get this splint and making permanent changes to diet and exercise to support posture and gut health. I guess our moms were right to eat our veggies and always sit up straight!

• Posted

I have the off balance drunk feeling, what feels like sensitive hearing. I have had anxiety for about 6 years and doctors think anxiety is the cause as i have had a lot of tests done that have come back normal
    • Posted

Please look into Lyme disease with babesia coinfection (you get it from a tick bite). I have Lyme disease (borrelia) and babesia which I got from a tick bite. Came across this thread looking up some of my symptoms and it sounds very much like you all could well have babesia. I never us these forums....please please copy and paste this to other people you are in contact with/who are asking questions on this thread! All the best
  • Posted

Thank you Anita it must have been that but I'm noticing this vertigo is becoming very common now and I'm quite certain there a bigger picture here MORE research on E.M.F. must be done and getting regular massage I'm sure would help

• Posted

HI ANITA, I am wondering if you got better and if you ever found out the reason for your symptoms.

i have had very similar symptoms for about the past month-terrible tinnitus or ringing in the ears, headaches in my temples, extreme fatigue, horrible brain fog, confusion-like symptoms and inability to concentrate, and dizziness, but not like vertigo where things are spinning around, but more like a loss of balance. ALL very vague symptoms. I have stenosis in C6-C7, but I've had this for 10 years and have never felt this awful. I moved back to my home state of WI after having lived in northern CA for 31 years to live with family again. I MOVED back during the worst winter in 25 years. SO I have new doctors who dont know me, and that has created some problems. I am a retired RN, and these symptoms scare me. ONE thing that has happened is that all my previous medications for chronic pain have been changed to newer medications, and i wonder if these are causing all these symptoms. HOWEVER, I stopped taking the one that had these side effects, but i have not had a reduction in symptoms after stopping.

IF anyone has ideas for me, please let me know.

THANKYOU!

• Posted

I know some of these posts are around 2 or 3 years old but I just wanted to say how I feel happier knowing I am not alone. For a couple of years I have had a feeling of being off balance, a bit strange, disconnected from my surroundings etc but in the last 6 months it has got much much worse. The balance issues are worse, the brain confusion is scary. I get shivery feelings inside and the back of my head and neck often feels as if they are in a vice. The neurologist is puzzled but agrees I have a problem and I have had a CT scan but no results yet. I wonder if my blood pressure is a factor. My GP is working on getting it down as it is a bit high. I suppose really I wanted to share how scared it is all making me.

• Posted

I have had vestibular neuritis many years ago and an Acoustic Neuroma surgically removed. I am a Physical Therapist for over 37 years and have trained and worked in Vestibular Rehabilitation for over 24 years. I always look at the neck when I am assessing and treating people as the neck and anxiety can cause and maginfy symptoms. Tightness in the upper neck can cause imbalance, wooziness, light-headedness, pressure in the ears, and arm symptoms and more. X-rays only show bone issues but in most cases it is just the tight muscles due to posture, prior injuries or other stresses and strains on the neck. If this hasn't been looked at then see a massage therapist or physical therapist who can look at your neck. Cervico-genic Dizziness is a condition that is mostly overlooked and physicians would not necessarily be aware of this either. When I used to have neck problems, I also felt dizzy, off balance and ear symptoms not related to my tumor. But after looking after my neck and giving my clients neck treatments and exercises, the majority of people got better very quickly. When people get frustrated or not sure what's happening, anxiety will come and that magifies all your symptoms. So please have someone look at your neck muscles and posture and I wish you all good luck.

• Posted

hope you are better Anita. Were you diagnosed with anything? try to get some answers, at least if you know what it is, it will give you some peace of mind.

• Posted

Suffering same symptoms for the last few weeks. This will be the second time around where the symptoms have got quite scary. Today, I felt so off balance that I nearly fell, which sets off anxiety for me. My symptoms are an off balance feeling, felling like legs may give way, tension headache or pain at back of head, heart palpatations and neck pain, stiffness. Dr ran tests which came back normal.

I feel worse when standing stationary, especially in shopping centres and going for a walk outside.

I feel that the symptoms are linked to my neck? My symptoms seem to appear to be very much like PPPD (persistent postural perceptual dizziness). Anyone diagnosed with PPPD?

• Posted

hello! not sure if you are still suffering these symptoms or not, but I was struggling with similar symptoms and it turns out it was due to poor posture. looking down at phone, sitting hunched over, sleeping on stomach etc. it was cause neck strain which cause that drunk spaced out feeling as well as anxiety. try working deep neck flexors, and some occipital release exercises! praying for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.