Dizziness, pain and tingling

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice/support from others who may be experiencing similar.

Started noticing a tingling sensation in my feet/toes a few weeks ago. This comes and goes. It can also appear in my left hand but less frequently. I am also having pain in my arms and legs, which again comes and goes. I have an almost constant feeling of dizziness.

I've been to the GP and had a full blood count. I had slightly elevated protein and platlet count. GP is going to do repeat bloods in 4 weeks.

He is referring me to a neurologist and as I understand, there can be a long wait dependant upon hospital.

Googling symptoms is making me very worried and anxious 😓

I am a 35 year old female.

Xxx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had a 26 week wait when first seeing one as our local hospital only had one consultant plus a locum. The next time was also 26 weeks but with a different area health authority who had ten consultants !. You need to persuade your GP to mark it urgent rather than routine.

You should be able to search for waiting times at other hospitals.I was quoted 42 to see a neurosurgeon but found another hospital within travelling distance where it was only 18 weeks but decided to see him privately.

• Posted

If it starts in your feet it usually mean neuropathy. Not saying it is but typically that's where it starts.

• Posted

I agree, Calvin. Three years ago I began to feel dizzy and had difficulty maintaining my balance. After seeing several doctors, I finally was disgnosed with peripheral neuropathy by a neurosurgeon. It is a progressive neurological disorder with no known cure. I now can only walk (slowly) with the aid of a cane or a walker. It has really upset my life as I was always a very active person and now am sedentary.
    • Posted

Are you having physiotherapy to strenghten your muscles?
  • Posted

Neurologist should be the proper doctor to help you. A lot of different ailments can have similar symptoms so try not to worry, but if you feel worse then maybe you should go to the hospital. Wishing you the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.