Dizziness, panic attacks

Posted , 4 users are following.

In week 4 of Mono. I’ve got a new symptom that has popped up in the last three days. I’m having extreme dizziness and have had a couple of panic attacks. 

I’m feeling very defeated. We moved into a new home on a Wednesday and that Friday I started getting symptoms. My life (as all of yours has) has come to a screeching halt. I look around at boxes that need to be unpacked and my poor husband is trying to get it all done along with his job. I’m feeling  guilty and weak. I was such a go getter, active and full of energy. I barely recognize who I’ve become in 4 weeks. 

I’m suppose to go back to work on June 8. I’m a massage therapist and it’s a very physical job. To make it worse it’s a new place of employment. 

I hate to be that person that is already asking for time off. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

I pray for us all daily. I’m so thankful for you all. God Bless

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tabitha-

So sorry you're going through all of this, especially during a move. I can't imagine.

I'm between 3-4 months in and I too started having anxiety and panic attacks at about 4 weeks or so. I wasn't sleeping well at all either. I still get dizzy and it's usually when I'm really super tired and haven't gotten enough rest like I should. I require so much more sleep now and if I don't get 8-9 hours I'm wrecked. I know the panic attacks really took it out of me too. As hesitant as I was, I finally started taking  meds for the anxiety and that's all settled down now for the most part and I can get better sleep. 

I completely understand feelings of guilt. My poor husband and parents have picked up everything for me as well. It's really hard right now, but we would do the same for them.  

I hope you can get some relief from your job. Hopefully they are understanding.

Hang in there

Meredith 

• Posted

Thanks so much Meredith.  I’m not sleeping well at all either and that seems to be what we need the most .

I’m hoping for a complete and speedy recovery for you. Be well🙏🏻

• Posted

Oh Tabitha,

Absolutely you have nothing to feel guilty about at all. Remember this is such a debilitating virus and to go through the stress and physical activity of moving home during it is such a huge thing, to even contemplate that is amazing let alone manage to do it, despite not feeling great. This virus really gets you that way doings its best to make you feel down and defeated, the longevity of it plays with your mind too - just want to reassure you that things will get better Tabitha, relatively speaking you're still in early stages of recovery and it is normal for it to take a bit of time but then equally normal to go on and make fully recovery! Absolutely I believe you will!

I know you really want to be fit for work on 8 June, try not to put a time date or deadline on when you 'need' to be fit for, because sometimes this virus just doesn't conform and it takes longer sometimes that we'd hope - I do really hope you feel much better by then and can get back to work, but if not remember that is only a setback and not a killer blow, you will still get better given a bit of time!! My experience was that it took a bit of time, felt exactly the way you do, but then got over it thanks to God's healing.

Thanks so much for all your prayers, praying for you too and still believing absolutely in your recovery, trusting God with all our health and circumstances right now and always!

Craig

• Posted

Thank you for the encouraging words Craig. I know I will best this, its just tough while in it. This virus is horrible and I know things could be worse. I’m thankful for the small victories.

Hoping and praying your back is doing better.

Be well🙏🏻

• Posted

That is a great attitude you are showing in hard times Tabitha, you're right we need to appreciate all small victories at this time and any moments of respite or peace. It's not always easy to get them when going through hard times. I know it's okay for someone to say you will get through this with time, but having to deal with that each day at the time can be so draining, emotionally and physically, wearying, so just focus on each day at a time now Tabitha and remember God will look after the bigger picture and bring you through!

Thank you so much for your prayers for me. I'm so grateful and overwhelmed by all the people that have prayed for me on the site Tabitha. It means everything to me at this hard time in my life. I pray for you too and just pray that this horrible virus ceases and you can feel liberated and healthy again - you will beat it and get there Tabitha, there is hope even in the hard days hang on to that.

Craig

• Posted

Had a really really good morning and early afternoon. Noticed my cheeks started getting hot and went to look I’m the mirror to find they have a red rash all over. I had a rash the second week but steroids cleared it up. Sigh... I thought the rash and itching were gone. 

Sometimes just when you think you’ve turned a corner something else pops up.  

Was this normal for you?

Thank you🙏🏻

• Posted

So frustrating it must be Tabitha, I hope this rash settles and isn't bothering you too much. I think these things can be normal with the virus, but of course always worth checking with the doc. It's horrible when you feel like you make a little progress and something else seems to hit you or get in your way. I've been feeling that way too lately and it's so hard to deal with and keep coming back from.

Just hoping things settle and for a better day and week for you Tabitha - thinking about you and remember put your health first at this time.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.