Dizziness, panic attacks, and headaches, someone pleae help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys so I'm currently have a bit of a panic attack writing this just because I am so fed up with feeling this way...

?About four months ago I randomly started feeling dizzy as if I was going to pass out in the middle of class so I abruptly left and went to my apartment to take a nap. I woke up feeling even worse with ear pain and a headache and had my roommates take me to urgent care. All they said was that it was a migraine and an anxiety attack and gave me some fluids in case I was dehydrated too. [color=#333333]This didn't surprise me because I have health anxiety, so I went on with life. [/color]It took a few days but I eventually normal again after that.

?Two months after that I became paranoid of any sudden feeling, because I was afraid of the dizziness coming back it scared me so much!! Ive has plenty of anxiety symptoms in the past (lump in the throat, shortness of breath, muscle aches) but this one terrifies me! Sure enough, one month ago the dizziness came back and it hasn't left since. It comes and goes throughout the day, but it hasn't been as bad as the first incident, its mostly waves of wooziness or pressure. Ever since it began, I have daily panic attacks that has left me with a constant ringing in my ear and I feel like I cant function. I feel like I am in a fog most days with dizziness and even head pressures that feel like tight bands around my head or random muscles tensing in my face. I went the doctor and had an EKG done as well as blood test, both of which came back fine. Everyone I talk to tells me this is anxiety but I don't know how to fix it and on my worst days I find a way to convince myself that I am dying. Please help, because I am starting to feel hopeless and depressed. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think it's anxiety. Are you on medication? If there are something that's stressed you out, maybe you can talk to someone about it. I also hv anxiety ( i think). I went to the Dr with very trembling body and my heart rate is soo high. They asked me to do blood test for my thyroid and it comes out normal. I also had my ecg too and comes out normal. Dr just gv me some propranolol and vit B compex. She didn't said to me what's wrong with me but she asked me to eat more (i'm very skinny) and do some exercise. I think diet is very important to our well being. Also don't take any alcohol and caffeine because it could worsening the symptoms. Gd luck!

• Posted

I am not on medication, but I see a therapist and am going to see a phycologist next week to see if anxiety meds are the next step. Today has been pretty bad anxiety wise, but my therapist talked me down from an anxiety attack and reassured me that if I had something seriously wrong, my doctor would have suggested more tests or I wouldn't be able to function as well as I am, so I have just got to keep reminding myself that before I pull myself into that dark place again. That's the crazy thing about anxiety, it throws all rational thoughts out the door and replaces them with "worst case scenario" ones.

• Posted

Well i think your therapies is right. It's all just anxiety. Maybe reevaluate your day to day life? Doing something fun. I used to love reading, haven't read for years after being busy working, studying, and lost interest when i got stressed and anxiety came. Lately i tried to go back reading again. Some light and funny book. It helps. Our minds need distraction from focusing on our anxiety. Maybe you can find something that interest you. Something fun to do.

• Posted

I am going through exactly the same thing, ive been to the ER 4 times now and my primary care doctor. Ive had so many ekgs blood tests xrays scans everything ultrasounds and they say im fine

• Posted

Have you found any ways to relieve the anxiety at all? I am having such a hard time coping with my symptoms, which I know is the reason why they haven't gone away, every panic attack makes them worse.

• Posted

I just try to take my mind off of stuff thats all i can do really

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.