dizziness/short of breath 1 week after gallbladder surgery???

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, i had gallbladder removed 1 week ago exactly. I was feeling perfect other than the diarrhea which i was told was normal . Just yesterday i started feeling a little lightheaded and short of breath. I have no idea why it would start until now. If my wounds had opened up from the inside ,i think i would have other symptoms right? Im just panicking because i feel like maybe somehting opened up since ive carried my 25 lb baby at times. Anyone with similar experiences?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, you've had major surgery and an organ removed.  You shouldn't be lifting or carrying anything heavier than a tea kettle right now!  If you were given post surgical instructions, please follow them.  

• Posted

Hi 

try not to panick .. If anything had opened up you would be rolling around in agony .. But you must be sensible no lifting of your baby .. Or anything ..you have internal stitches and they need to heal .. Your insides have swollen due to being tugged about inflated etc .. And it will take 6 weeks before you should lift anything heavy .. 

If you still feel unwell get checked out at your gp check your blood pressure etc .. Or go to casualty .. Then you will relax .. 

• Posted

Do you have any pain also? And if so is it specific? any swollen limb? you should go to your doctor just to get checked incase you have a clot. It could just be a side effect of the surgery. But its better to be safe as clots are very dangerous. better to check and have ot ruled out. I simple blood test would tell if you had a dvt or PE resulting from surgery.

Hopefully its just the healing process. But dont ignore shortness of breath and dizzyness.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks, no swelling, no pain, only diarrhea and tired feeling. It doesnt happen all the time but sometimes if im walking ,or stand up quick i feel my heart pounding on my chest,and feel kind of weak. So i think it does have to do with blood pressure. It had never happened before until after the surgery. Not sure how surgery affescts blood pressure. My blood pressure always on the low side but normal
    • Posted

Fatigue and shortness of breath are normal for the first few weeks of recovery from gallbladder surgery. It took me a full month to regain my energy and breathe normally. Though the laparoscopic surgery involves keyhole incisions, gallbladder removal is a major surgery. I think expecting to be up and about within a week is asking way too much out of your body.

During the first two weeks of recovery, your body truly needs deep, deep rest. I had an outstanding surgeon that fixed me, and that is what he strongly advised, and indeed I not only heeded his advice, but also my body really needed it.

I'm 2.5 months into recovery, and I now feel practically fully healed except for one caveat, diarrhea. Initially it was very severe, accompanied by gas and bloatedness. I am only now noticing an improvement with significantly less gas and bloat. Though diarrhea is still a problem, it is no longer as severe as before, and I have managed to decrease it with careful diet.

If you have no intense pain, you shouldn't worry. Your body just needs time to heal from surgery, and your fatigue will disspiate.

As for D, hmm, personally I don't know how my case will pan out as yet. Maybe it will eventually disspiate completely, or maybe it will be chronic, I just don't know yet. Through careful diet, light exercises, and soluble high fiber foods I've been managing to get by.

You should experiment with various soluble fiber foods like pasta, whole grains, and cereals. I find them helpful. You should avoid coffee or anything with caffein in it.

Good luck.

• Posted

I had gallbladder removed 4 days ago.  Felt really good first two days but today I feel really fatigued and little dizzy.  Maybe still from anesthesia?

• Posted

I’ve gotten Mine out 6 days ago and I am now waiting at the hospital for a doctor to see me for dizziness yesterday I could not walk straight an had to hold the walls as I walked

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.