Dizziness when I begin to chew

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

Just wondering if anybody has had same symptoms as me.

When I start to chew I get this severe dizziness which lasts about 30 seconds. I have mentioned it to doctors and ENT clinic and nobody has any answers on what is causing it, all of the people I have seen have never heard of anyone with this.

If anyone gets this or knows what could be causing this I would really like to know.

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Because your jaw is connected to your inner ear? Have you Googled TMJ syndrome?

• Posted

I agree with Kat. Pretty astonished that a GP and in particular an ENT consultant wouldn't make the connection.

If it lasts 30 seconds i wouldn't worry to much.

Kat, have you been to UCLH yet? I was referred nearly 6 months ago, i've phoned them, written them an email and heard absolutely NOTHING.

• Posted

Hi there, I've come across a scholarly article online where this condition is described and I think the cause was identified as momentary change in blood pressure in the area of the brain due to blood being diverted to the jaw muscles whilst chewing, Not dangerous or life threatening in any way, just a 'thing'. If I can find the article again I'll try to post it here.

• Posted

hello

thank you for all your replies. I know I thought the ENT would have been able to give me some answers.

Thank you Brian40174 that would be interesting to read.

thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.