Dizziness when walking in stores

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone, I have concerns regarding my health. Doctor is unable to find the problem. I have prescription for muscles inflammation, exercises but none seems to work. The problem is, I can feel great at home, sometimes a little light headache but not much . Never feel dizzy at home but once I step outside, I feel dizzy especially when I walk in a store. Anyone here has an idea what can cause that and anything to cure it? Please reply and thank you all  for reading my post.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Fluorescent lighting can have a huge affect on once eyesight & balance that’s where I am at my worst when in supermarkets, shops etc.... even warehouses... it’s a nightmare!

• Posted

Yes, I to get that weird feeling in stores etc.  Just want to scream.   I tend not to go as I know how I will feel.  Walmart is the worst
  • Posted

The overhead lighting in stores and walking between shopping lanes and turning into them all combine to make dizziness worse but should not be avoided as you need to challenge your brain to compensate.
  • Posted

I have been having this issue for over a year. I am on anxiety meds however it doesn’t seem to help. I’m not even sure if it’s anxiety that I’m experiencing. I will feel fine and out of nowhere start getting hot and sweaty, my eyes seem to start seeing spots and I feel like I’m going to pass out from being dizzy. I have been checked for vertigo, eye issues, heating issues, blood pressure etc and still have no idea what is happening. I even had an MRI done. It’s so frustrating as I am just recovering from breast cancer and still struggling with dizziness. I could just cry. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.