Dizzy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was feeling real good the dizziness would could back at nite rite before I went to bed! During the day I was fine...this mornin I woke up with the room spinning and it hasn't done that in a while now; I have not done my exercises lately could that be it? Someone help me out? And been to all kinds of doctors

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

04JUN2015 @ 13:30 GMT

Hello Vanessa,  Ben here.

It is my opinion that depending upon the identification of your exact illness, from what I have read and experienced, a recurring dizziness is not very uncommon for Vestibular neuritis sufferers.  (Labyrinthitis)  But, if you have BPPV, it is very common.  In the case of BPPV the technique or maneuver is in order to reposition the crystals in there to relieve the symptoms. In the case of VN / LABS, the exercises are rehabilitating and stopping could result in a relapse to a degree, but for the most part there just seems to be "ups and downs" associated with it as we make recovery.

The recurrence is usually not as severe though, especially because the person that knows what is going on is not usually as shocked as they were by the original onset, and they seem to take it less profoundly.  

My personal experience with the symptoms (uncompensated Vestibular neuritis) is that sometimes I have more intensive episodes, and then sometimes it seems to disappear altogether for a few minutes at a time. In my case at nearly 17 months since onset, I have about 80% recovered ( if a percentage is meaningful).

I was also told by an ENT that the rate of having the same illness occur again is something very small, like 6% or less.  Of course I have no idea how they come up with those details, but that is what I was told.

So, in analysis, you should do your exercises, especially in the cas of BPPV.  Just do them carefully so you don't fall or bump into something and get hurt.  

I hope this helps.  Get well soon.  

Ben 

• Posted

The most likely cause of rotational vertigo is BPPV.  Often times BPPV is secondary to vestibluar neuritis.  Recurring episodes of BPPV is not uncommon and something that is usually easily treated with an Epley manuever.  There are also self treating techniques that can be performed.  Most you can find on YouTube.  VN is usually associated with a generalized dizzy lightheaded type feeling, which it sounds that you have been sufffering from as well.  That, the exercises will help to overcome.  The exercises will not usually help address rotational vertigo.

Have you been suffering from any new sinus or allergy issues?  

• Posted

Yes I'm starring to get a runny nose again and cough; and I started doing my eplsey exercises again today! I was just concerned cause I was feeling great during the day and at nite a little dizzy!
    • Posted

Sinus issues will definitely add to the issue.  I think that once you have this stuff any issue with your sinuses really add to the VN symptoms.  I always try to head off any sinus issues as soon as I can so that it doesn't enhance any sensations that may be left over from my initial VN issues.  I take Claritan and use a sinus rinse every day to try to keep my sinus clear.  You probably are just having a bump in the road to recovery and hopefully it will be short lived.

Prednisone always helps me as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.