Dizzy and so fed up with feeling this way

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone

Hope you all managed to have a good day yesterday. I used to love entertaining but not any more.

I've been on 5mg for about 6 months, reduced from 10mg. I've been dizzy on and off, and more recently it started on the way to my mother's home a few days ago but today it been pretty much all day. Yesterday morning my mother was difficult on the phone, nothing unusual for her, she had a bad back but always have had, at least that's what she always tells me. She refuses to see a doctor and gets quite nasty at the suggestion of it.

My giddiness started straight away. She came over for dinner and she was ok, which was such a relief for me and everyone else and as the day wore on my dizziness passed. Today though I've been feeling it all day. I felt some relief after I took my tablet at 5pm and was able to shower, before that I couldn't have.

I'm afraid to up my dose so was wondering should I change my times to morning instead of evening. If I did, would I get more symptoms?

I don't know whether anxiety is making me weepy or the withdrawal symptoms. I haven't felt this bad in a while and I don't know what to do for the best. Anyone else felt worse over Christmas?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi sonia i think most of us on here have been feeling worse over christmas - its all the stress and the pressure of feeling like we need to be ok for the holidays. Sounds like your dizziness is def stress related and it is most likely just a blip and will go away once things calm down. But if youre still feeling this way in a week or two maybe consider going back up to 10.

• Posted

Hi Tamsin

Thanks, I have been thinking about that but will stay where I am for the moment. If the dizziness persists I'll see my doctor to see what he suggests. Just wondering about changing my times and if anyone has done that.

• Posted

You dropped from 10 to 5? Im at 10mg and if I decide to taper off, will wean much slower than that. Tapering at the lower dosages are harder and you gotta go slower in smaller increments. Dizziness can also be anxiety showing its evil head. I know I had it before too. Prayers you can feel better and relax during the holidays. Dont overthink everything. It is what it is.

• Posted

Thanks Dubry

Sorry, I went from 10 to 7.5, stayed there for 2 months then dropped to 5. Been on 5 for 6 months.

I'm sure it must be the stress of everything. Just wondering whether to change my times to morning instead of evening.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.