Dizzy and unbalanced due to medication clash

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello people, ill give you a bit of backstory. Im a 28 year old male who has an under active thyroid.

It all started in 2017 I caught glandular fever which was utter hell, that in turn caused my hypothyroidism. I was ill for around 6 months before my GP realised my thyroid was bad. During this time I felt unbalanced (dizzy) and always anxious. When I started the Levothyroxine I slowly began to feel better and the dizziness lifted. In fact my last bout of the dizziness was February 2018. So for the last three years Ive been relatively fine on 100mcg. In 2020 I had LPR reflux and was prescribed Lansoprazole 30mg and basically took it for a year no issues and my reflux went away. Now last Thursday 22/04/2021 out of the blue the dizziness began to come back. I tried to ignore it however its is very frustrating now. Ive done some digging and found out Lansoprazole stops Levo from absorbing into the body. I think basically I have been taking Levo and its not been working due to the lansoprazole. The dizziness is the same as how it was when I first started taking Levo . I have stopped taking the lansoprazole by the way last tablet was Sunday. I know its a long shot but any similar situations in the forum.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.