Dizzy, anxious and lonely

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with a balance disorder after balance tests due to on going dizziness and anxiety. I have low balance function on both sides which means I need VRT (physio). I feel so fed up and anxious with never feeling well and not being able to be independant due to the on going symptoms. I am only 30 and have 2 children and its a struggle to look after my baby when I feel so anxious about me feeling dizzy and worrying I will get vertigo whilst alone (this happened last week for a few minutes but luckily I wasn't alone). I just feel so lonely ( I have a partner though) and I worry how I will lead a normal life or even work again if I struggle to even be alone 😦

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Go to Facebook and look for groups of people who have balance issues. They can help you by telling you how they cope

• Posted

You've been struggling a long time. Have your original symptoms improved at all and do you have any good days where the symptoms are diminished? It must really be a struggle for you with 2 children to take care of. When you say vertigo, do you have spinning or just lightheaded dizziness?

• Posted

It is mainly dizziness although I have had one episode over 10 years ago before all this started where the spinning was that intense it was black visually. I have had a couple of spins since then that last seconds/minutes but mainly when I have woke during the night where by I wake up notice the spinning and lie back down again and fall asleep (both times this happened I was extremely tired). I do get a visual vertigo where my eyes just always feel like they are playing catch up. Currently I feel like there is no end to this I will always suffer with one symptom or another. I do get good days but not often but the anxiety never leaves.

• Posted

Hi there, having an ongoing balance disorder or dizziness issue can be a very lonely business as it's often difficult to make others understand how we feel when very often we don't look particularly ill. Have you been offered any treatment for your condition at this stage, and do you have a definite diagnosis?

• Posted

All I was told is my balance organs are low on both sides which means a balance disorder and physio required. I am due to see ENT again this year but I don't hold out any hope for ever feeling normal again.

• Posted

Also a lot of this is related to the fact I am SSD (single sided deaf) since birth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.