Dizzy, brain fog, head pressure - how long to feel better?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys. So I'm a bit worried. Not sure if it's the med or something else. I have been on 5mg for a few months. No side effects really. All of a sudden out of nowhere about a week and a half ago I started getting very "out of it", a brain fog, followed by dizzy spells off/on all day for this week and a half. Some anxiety as well and head pressure. Took some sinus pills thinking maybe it's that. Didn't help. Saw this forum. I am now on day 2 of not taking the med, still feeling foggy and dizzy. Does it take a while to "recover" from this med if these symptoms are from the amlodipine? I'm an otherwise healthy 40 year old. Spoke to my gp. Didn't seem to think it was the meds, but also didn't seem too concerned with my issues. All I know is it's very hard to focus at work. I don't feel like myself. Also on effexor and wondering if that's causing it, but reading so many people here, it makes me think its the bp med. My question is, how long did it take you to feel better after coming off of it?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Hi Nino39691,

I am almost 6weeks off of amlodipine and yes withdrawal side effects from amlodipine slowly subsiding, tension headaches (head pressure) disappeared around my 3-4weeks after i stopped amlodipine, anxiety is not gone yet, but is less frequent and is not severe anymore, but many side effects disappeared from gastric problems, tremors, cold feet and hands, fatigue and difficulty to concentrate, they are all gone. Also i was on amlodipine for almost 3 years, and the worst side effects show up after 2.5 years. Some people are lucky and side effects show up shortly after starting this medication and they stop medication early. Some of us are ok with amlodipine even for years then it hits hardcore... Also i stopped amlodipine under doctors supervision, while i am still on Ramipril which still helping me lower my bp with less side effects. I cant predict when all symptoms of withdrawal side effects completely disapear, but i would say from 6weeks up things should start getting better and hopefuly in 3months it all gets back to normal. Wish You all the best with recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.