dizzy ,faint and anxiety for days after working out

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I've been working out hard for a few months with weights and i went out partying hard for a few weekends and then half ways through the week about 2 hours after my workout I starting feeling very dizzy and faint like a drunk feeling ,I got all the tests done and they showed up normal ,they told me to relax the gym maybe so I stayed away for a week and symptoms eased so I went back to the gym and for the week and now the dizzy ,faint and anxious felling is back again can someone help me is it down to exhaustion

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like what I'm going through except I don't work out. You may be having a slow heart rate due to the working out. This is common in athletes. Yours was probably normal by the time you got to the doctor. I recommend a blood pressure cuff you can carry with you. You may find a low pulse after working out. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi Darren, I think you may have answered your own question. Have you had a general medical examination to rule out certain issues. In the meantime, maybe you should heed the warnings and cut back on the weights. ECG and MRI exams would eliminate anything underlying your episodes.

Listen to your body! 

regards and take care Pauline

• Posted

Us I had a mri and ecg done and they came up all clear they just said to rest up ,il leave off the gym for a couple of weeks and see how I get on thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.