Dizzy for 2 years

Posted , 3 users are following.

It started 2yrs ago when walking to work, i got really dizzy & light headed. i had to sit down for 30 minutes before i felt 'normal'

it would happen since then infrequently, then last year it became more frequent to the point i went drs & then hospital. They first told me it was vertigo, they gave me some meds & some exercises with a physio. But it's still with me, i went to hospital again & they did blood tests , all came back fine.

Problem is now, EVERY time i walk for 10 mins or more it happens & now sometimes it might clear if i sit down for a while or sometimes it can stay with me the whole day.

All i can describe it as is dizzy, light headed & i can't concentrate on anything & i only get it when i am walking for a duration of around 10-15mins or more...

i should add that when it first happened i was taking steroids ( for sports performance (football)), was taking on board lots of caffiene too ( around 8-10 cups of coffee a day) The steroids i stopped when i first had this problem, it scared me. The caffiene i stopped in january. i also stopped my job which for 10yrs was 6 days a week 14-16 hrs a day as a strength & conditioning coach.

To no avail, it feels worse & controlling on me than it ever has. It's getting depressing & i just want to feel better. I am a 34yr old male 6'2 & 220lbs

Any advice would be appreciated thankyou

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You could go to an ENT and have some test done. Also consider that it's your neck. Look up SCM muscle issues and see if that's a fit. 

• Posted

thanks for the advice, what kind of thing would you say to the ENT? what is it i'm looking for?

• Posted

Asl your ENT for a VEMP test. It will test for your middle ear and the muscles in your neck. Ask your ENT if they do a VEMP test because not all ENT offer it.
  • Posted

Do you have low blood pressure? Do you get any ear symptoms with this dizziness? Also caffeine can speed your heart rate up.
    • Posted

i do have low blood pressure & tested it when i was feeling really bad & it was 90/60, by time i got to hospital i was feeling better than earlier & my blood pressure was low but normal.

No ear syptoms to my knowledge, other than i had an ear infection last summer.

& i stopped caffiene in january & back when i was drinking lots it definitely sped up my heart rate

• Posted

Hm did you go on a boat or plane? And is the dizziness like feeling like swaying? Do you have anxiety?
    • Posted

No boat or plane travel,

The dizzyness feels like my head is spinning & cluttered, like there is a fog on my brain, i can't concentrate & i feel so bad. It happens every time i walk for more than 10mins.

you know i did think about anxiety, because a few times it has come on when for example a guy was hitting on my girlfriend right in front of me & i felt so anxious & shortly after the dizzyness started.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.