Dizzy for 3 long months!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone. I am new on this site and have been suffering from dizziness and being lightheaded for over 3 months. I have stopped doing so much because I never know how I am going to feel day to day. It has ruined my life. My friends and family support me but don't understand how horrible this is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Look into Verticle Heterphoria, it's an eye condition and it can hacppen after a car accident or a whip lash type of thing occouring.
  • Posted

Hello Maria,

I been feeling dizzy and lightheaded for 7 months, please describe your symptoms a little better, as I have other symptoms as well, perhaps we are dealing with the same problem,

I have done lots of testing, but no luck yet, but I feel like the list it's becoming smaller and I am getting closer to find the answer, please reply, let fight this together.

Take care.

• Posted

First of all being light headed and dizzy is horrible. It is scary too. Three months ago I was in my kitchen and I fainted. I woke up to 3 paramedics taking care of me. My heart rate 176 beats a minutes. I spent 3 days in the hospital. On a new medicine that is to up my blood pressure. I have been taking metatroplol for years for a fast heart beat and have never had a problem. I came home from the hospital and I have never had a problem. I quit taking the medicine for to up my blood pressure because I lost my legs twice. I actually had no feeling from my hips down. So now I take 4 salt tablets a day to up my blood pressure. I also do leg strengthening exercises. I still feel dizzy and light headed. My primary doctor doesn't think it is related toy heart so she had me get an MRI, see an ENT doctor and a neurologist. MRI came back good. ENT said it has nothing to do withy ears and the neurologist says it is migraines and wants to give me medicine for that. I refused the medicine because I don't believe it. Less medicine the better. So I got on this site two days ago and now I am going to a physical therapist. Just started yesterday and I am going in again today. She had me look left, right, up and down. It made me severely dizzy. I had to put my head in my hands and wait to talk to her. Putting my head up caused the most dizziness. She think that the vertabrea in my neck is pushing on something that is causing me to be light headed and dizzy. I hope she is right because I am ready to be done with being unstable. My neck hurts too. I was rear ended May 18th and it has made the dizziness and being light headed worse. Because I feel like that I refuse to take the vicodon my doctor gave me for pain. Well that was a lot. I am so sorry you have been dizzy for 7 months!
    • Posted

delfino

So what happened to you? How did the dizziness and the light headed feeling start? Has it got any better since it started? Do you have any suggestions on relieving the symptoms?

• Posted

Hey again! Maybe the accident dislodged something. I highly recommend a good chiropractor! I think I said it before but honestly it's helped me immensely even after just 4 visits. They will be able to tell u if ur neck is out of alignment. Also when ur dizzy u hold urself in an awkward way so ur neck gets tense. My chiro gave me a sheet of info and it says certain nerves in ur spine affect certain things. I think it was my C1 and C2 that were out and that's linked to dizziness and headaches!! Please look into it as it's helped me a lot :-)
    • Posted

Wow I will thank you! I will look into it. After we were rear ended six days ago my dizziness has been so much worse. It is pretty much constant.
    • Posted

Definitely do. It's amazing the different nerves in ur spine affect different things in ur body. I bet it will help :-)
  • Posted

Hi Maria,

Has anyone talked about referring you to a cardiologist just to make sure everything is ok? I'm kinda of surprised the hospital didn't have a referral for you to see one. It might be worth looking into, wouldn't hurt. It sounds like it could be a cardiac issue to or maybe even something to do with your carotid  arteries. I'm guessing you're fairly young so the doctors don't want to send you to one. 

• Posted

I am 36 and I do have a cardiologist. She gives me metatroplol for a fast heart rate. I have to take the medicine. I am going to read about what you suggested. Thank you very much!
  • Posted

You're welcome. I hope you can find answers. A carotid uktrasound might be a start??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.