Dizzy for a year and a half, losing hope

Posted , 6 users are following.

i’m an 18 year old female college student. all of this started in november 2018 when i hit the top of my head so hard it felt like my soul left my body. i was diagnosed with a mild concussion. i feel like i should mention that i had a sinus infection and my ears were clogged around the same time also. ever since then i’ve been constantly dizzy and it’s only getting worse- this week has been particularly bad. it feels like i’m not moving even though i’m stationary- it’s most comparable to being on a boat but it can get as extreme as being on a rollercoaster with really intense swoops. i started going to physical therapy in december 2019- i tested positive for bppv but even after that was cured i’ve still felt extremely dizzy with no relief. i'm almost certain that i have pppd but my doctor had no idea what it was when i told him about it. i’ve been dealing with depression for years but this has made it spike to new heights. i cry every day because i get no relief. i can’t even sleep normally- i just lay in bed, feeling the waves of dizziness until i eventually crash from exhaustion. no doctor has been able to help me. i'm honestly becoming really suicidal because of this. i really don’t know what to do anymore.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.