Dizzy for the past 8 months

Posted , 19 users are following.

Hi it all started out of the blue 8 months ago. I woke up one morning and felt dizzy out of nowhere and it never left. I have constant dizzy lightheaded feeling from the moment I wake up to the moment I lay down in bed. The only time I don't have it is when it's dark in my bedroom and I'm laying down sleeping or watching a movie on my phone in bed. I have been checked for diabetes and I have had an Mri done , eyes checked and even tried chiropractic and acupuncture. My Docter thinks it's the inner ear and I am suffering from vertigo. But his diagnoses does not sit well with me because I have no feeling of the room spinning it's hard to explain its more loke lightheaded dizzy rocky feeling. I do have an appointment to see an ENT in a couple months but I have another doctor app comming up next week and wondering if there is any other test I can request in the mean time. The doctor did prescribe me serc 16mg I tried them for one day and stopped which I don't know if it was the right decision because I don't feel like I have spinning vertigo.

0 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Not to sure how to edit my post but I also find my eyes feel like they have a hard time keeping up sometimes especially in busy places like a mall or when there is a lot of moving objects around me
    • Posted

Oh mine,

Just saw this post after replying to your main post.

My also are also playing catch up, even now while writing I can't focus on the letters, I also play video games and it's making me more even dizzier.

• Posted

Same here Kyle when the mall  it like i juste get of a boat .insted it get out of my car and walk in a mall.
  • Posted

I forgot to add my eyes have a hard time keeping up with things in busy places or if the is a lot of movement around me . But when I had my eyes checked the doctor said my eyes were fine.
  • Posted

The next time you see a physician, he or she should give you a good complete examination.  This includes checking for eye movements, both in the light and in the darkness.  He or she should also look at your eyes in different positions (lying down, on your left and right side).  This is needed for diagnosis.  I need to point out that "vertigo" is not a diagnosis, but a symptom.  Vertigo has many causes, which needs to be clarified.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

When the Docter diagnosed it as vertigo he did do a test were I had to follow his finger with my eyes and he said he noticed one of my eyes twitch. It was in a well lit room. I will follow up with him when I see him on the 24th and try to get him to go more in depth with lighting and positions.
    • Posted

Kyle, is the same test the Dr. gave me, he make me follow his finger with my eyes and he also make me poke his finger while changing position, he didn't tell me anything after that but he then given me SERC and Amlodipine because my BP was high during that time probably because I was getting anxiety attacks and getting nervous, also I lack sleep during that time.

• Posted

This sounds very similar to what I have been suffering from for the last 6 weeks.

I have a constant what I describe as 'spaced out' feeling like I have had several pints. Mine never goe but seems worse as night.

I was diognosee with labyrinthitus but I am sceptical. Initially I was bed ridden for several days. My eyes would sting/ache if I went for a walk or went to shops.

My eyes seem to have improved now but still very spaced out.

Im beginning to think mine could be linked to anxiety as my stress levels are very high - but not sure if the anxiety it a cause or symptom!

• Posted

How are you feeling laurie,

I'm also having this spaced out feeling, it's not the room spinning like the others but more of like I'm having a hang over.

Whenever I'm indoors the more I feel relaxed the more I feel better, but whenever I go out for a walk I started to feel dizzy after a few minutes, but when I use my bike and go anywhere I feel slightly dizzy but not as dizzy when I'm just walking...strage experience.

• Posted

I might also add that I've been having lack of sleep and insomia before this dizziness started on July 22 @10 am, it just came out of nowhere. Anyways, It's probably the case that the more we feel stressed, the more anxious we are the more the dizziness triggers much quicker.

• Posted

You may want to look into Verticle Heterphoria, it's a eye conditon but most eye doctors can't test for it. ALso look into vestibular migraines. Did you have a bloood test to make sure your B12, Vitamin D, Iron, and Magnesium are all good? When they are low you could feel off and by the way just about everybody's Vitamin D is too low so don't freak out if you see your number low.

• Posted

I haven't had my blood checked for that as far as I'm aware I will make sure he looks into this

• Posted

So except the normal CBC there is also a test to know weither or not we lack one or two of this? I will try to go to a local med, laboratory and see if they have such test.

MY question though.....

What if I'm low with one or two of them? Are there some sort of meds or a shot out there? This dizziness of mine probably due to lack of excercise, sleep, insomia, drinking coffee twice a day, and a drastic changed in my diet in this past couple of months, I'm becoming skinny now at least that is what my family members said about me. Is it the reason why I maybe just lack with one or two of those nutrients that you mentioned?

I've been taking some multivitamin lately and it would seems to help a bit, also taking some 24 mg SERC whenever I feel dizzy, seems to help as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.