Dizzy/lightheadedness all the time especially while driving?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok guys I have posted about this before,for the past two months my life has totally changed,I get dizzy or lightheaded everyday especially while driving,which is holding me back from going anywhere too far.i have had anxiety disorder since I was 16 and have dealt with all the symptoms but never have I had this symptom before that lasted all day,plus it makes me super tired and afraid to do any of the fun things I used to do because I don't know how I will feel.anyways after loads of tests and blood work which all came back normal they narrowed it down to being just my anxiety,they upped my meds which is Zoloft and gave me klonipion which seems to help a little.only thing is I have such a hard time believing this is anxiety because of how much it's affecting me and for so long,so I started thinking it could possibly be from my breast implants that I just got 6 months ago,I know this is a part of anxiety to think of any illness but has anyone ever dealt with this before from their anxiety,I mean it's literally taken over my life,,please share your opinion/experience

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Sounds like anxiety. Anxiety sucks quite honestly. I've had it for many years, I was just diagnosed with migraine associated vertigo, it's a constant dizziness from silent migraines. My anxiety came back when the dizziness started and it got horribly bad for 6 months. I do know I get dizzy and lightheaded when I drive and I get the felling like I can't swallow, which is awful cause when you feel like you can't swallow you feel like you can't breath. But I know the dizziness when I drive is just fear, you know those "what if thoughts". Please try to remember you've been given a clean bill of health, so your body is fine it's your brain that is tricking you. Anxiety is hard but the key is to start retraining your scared mind, the problem with anxiety is effects the amygdala in the brain the part that remembers fear, so with little steps you retrain the brain to remember your ok. I found with my dizziness as bad as it gets on days I just try to keep going, telling myself I'm ok it's just anxiety. I know it's hard to believe this is anxiety. I thought for years they have missed something but everytime I get sick the anxiety comes back. I also realized when I took my Xanax it went away that's when I knew it was anxiety.

You said you have kolonapin if it helps when you take it, remember that's a good indicator it's anxiety. I'm now on propranolo for my migraine dizziness and it's helping my anxiety so I'm calming down about the dizziness and that's really helped. Anxiety makes everything worse.

Try to remember when your driving, first learn breathing exercises so your can do them when driving and that your dizzy because your worried about being dizzy. Take small steps to face the anxiety and make it hatred for it to control you. I know you can do it. I hope you feel better.

Oh if you been on the Zoloft for months and you don't feel it's helping maybe try another med and ask the doc for a referral to a psychologist or find one yourself. Talking about it with one is very helpful.

• Posted

Thanks so much for replying,great advice,so glad to know I'm not alone or just plain crazy

• Posted

Your def not alone and your not crazy. Anxiety will make you crazy tho. I read a great book about how the worry tricks you. It's called The Worry Trick. It's very helpful.

• Posted

I get dizzy all the time too! Even before I ever got anxiety. Started when I turned my head orgy to make a turn while driving. Then I noticed when I put my finger inside my left ear and wiggle it around, my vision would shift making me dizzy. They told me at the ER that I had Vertigo and gave me antivert. It's not constant dizziness, it just comes and goes . Before I eat, when I talk, when I'm driving it walking. When I'm sitting down. Vertigo doesn't show up in blood work, it's not a disease. It's a problem inside the ear canal. You should go see an ENT or ask your doctor. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.