dizzy off balance and feel like I'm falling

Posted , 7 users are following.

last few days iv become quite dizzy and off balance and keep feeling like I'm going to fall but when I lose my balance I stagger backwards or sideways

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi sarapainfree Its all part of fibro I have dizzyness all the time I also have balance problems and have had several falls.  I tend to lean either to the right or the left when Im off balance. Fibro loves throwing all different symptoms at us. take care 
  • Posted

Hi Sara

I'm going through the this at the moment where I constantly feel dizzy. I had it last July and went to my doctors and they put it down as BPPV. It lasted 6 weeks and then completely went away. I've now got it back again but no where near as bad as last year as that was making me constantly sick due to the spinning. I'm gonna go back to my doctors as not sure if it's part of fibro or vertigo.

Hope you feel better as its horrible x

• Posted

I've had bad balance and fight it daily.  I also have dizziness  and some really bad turns.  I almost pass out with these and vomit afterward.  Thank fully these don't come about as bad often.  

I have issues walking which has become worse over years.  Sorry to let you know that, but for me it's been a progressive lot of symptoms.  Even though I've had bad balance, dizziness and the other bad turns since my car accident, (my Fibro had morphed from my head and spinal trauma),  my legs were all I had left strength wise and never gave me pain or other issues.  NOW it's a different issue.  My legs are affected and I struggle now.  I even have terrible swelling from time to time..  

There is a definite 'something' amiss with the connection between the brain and the messages to the legs, as at times if I have had to 'hurry up' in a split second get distracted (I think it's a distraction that has a direct affect, could be wrong),  in my attempt to move my legs, my left leg has failed me.  I will go down like a big rag doll, most times there is no time to protect myself hitting the ground.  And I reflect wondering 'just what happened to cause me to faulter'...  I call it 'that Gap thing'....  

Dizziness is a very typical issue Fibro sufferers put up with.  Some have it all day everyday 24/7, others don't but experience intermittantly.

Medications I guess for some can be a cause of dizziness to...

All the best sarapainfree

• Posted

I get something like this I call it "weightlessness" I can get it any time even when I am lying in bed it just feels like I am falling and then stop suddenly
    • Posted

I have exactly the same feeling when lying in bed. It's scary and very unpleasant. Also I feel dizzy when walking or standing. Not every day but quite often. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.