Dizzy spells?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone yet another memo issue for me this week. I had a truly awful few days of dizzy spells so bad I had to go to bed. Felt better after couple of days but still getting occasional wobble and quest feelings. ( like I just got off a fairground ride).

Doc checked heart etc all ok but still left with feeling crappy with horrendous mood swings and hot flushes. . So Just another symptom of meno?

I tried asking for HRT but as I still have coil (Mireya) fitted I have just been given vagifem inserts for vaginal atrophy and “see how that goes”.

I used to be such a strong woman but all this is dragging me down to bearing coping. I cry for my old self.😢

I haven’t had a period since Jan this year and am 53 so I’m really hoping I’m nearly out of this “change”?

Any reassurance for you lovely ladies would really help. Big hugs xxxx

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louise, I totally get how your feeling I too have the dizziness and you’ve described it exactly how it is like you’ve just got off a fairground ride or I feel I’m moving all the time . Have you experienced the jolts of suddenly feeling your about to fall forward then it shoots an adrenaline rush to your stomach and you feel you have to run to the toilet, it leaves me very delicate for days, I had one Thursday evening and I’m still feeling off balance this morning. This has been happening on and off since about 2012 so it must be menopause as Iv had trillions of tests and all clear. I’m afraid I can’t give you a quick fix but can only reassure you your not alone. I just want me back too and I was a strong independent women but I’m a weak, anxious wreck now who lives in a day to day life of trying to get through the day but I have managed to hold onto my full time job but I struggle.  I’m 55 and in menopause since 2015 but started peri in 2012

take each day as it comes and when your having a good day cherish it and do something that makes you happy.

sending you a comforting slightly dizzy hug x

• Posted

Hi anxiousface,  I get that forward moving feeling too.  If I’m standing, I feel like tipping forward.  Sometimes lying down, my brain feels like it moves forward...then I get that nauseous feeling briefly.  🙄

• Posted

Hi Louise,  by far, my worst and most lingering symptom is the dizziness, exactly as you described...  Unless the room is twirling around, drs just do not understand.  I feel like I have a neurological problem, but others see me as normal.  I walk and feel like everythings out of sync.   I have been mis diagnosed with inner ear vertigo.  Yet, went to ENT and told I was fine.  It has to be our brains reaction to the fluctuations in hormones.  I also have neck problems and my eyesight has always been poor.  I’m only 41, had to stop working because I am a pet stylist and I was afraid of putting out an eyeball!   I am petrified of driving.  I never used to be this way.  Currently I am on Lexapro, the dizziness is there, but It helps me not worry about it so much.  I wouldn’t wish this on the devil himself.  None of us deserve this.  I wonder if statistically this is why we live longer then men...because 10 years of our lives are so disrupted 🤔   Hang in there dizzy friend! 

• Posted

Hiya Lou yes that’s totally how I feel - nothing in sync😞. It’s really unsettling isn’t it and sometimes I feel totally alone and invisible even when out with the family. 

Thank goodness for this forum though - all the lovely ladies out there silently coping with this are a great support. Thanks so much xxxx

• Posted

Hi Louise,

I just went through the worst bout of vertigo had to be rushed to the emergency....none of the medication worked for me, but what did was me resting...stay positive and ask for help when's needed...you are not by yourself...im so greatful for this site....

• Posted

Thanks Susan and sorry to hear it’s been so bad. You are right we do need to rest. It’s just so hard if the panic/dizziness grabs you at work isn’t it? I’ve gone home early before to try and cope with it . Ahhh it’s so difficult isn’t it?! Hope ur feeling better today xxx
  • Posted

Hi Louise 

I get dizzy to and have for a while . I’m 53 and post menopause, I have a Mirena and started on Estrogel 6 weeks ago , I’m trying this to help with my anxiety and low mood as AD’s have not helped me in fact they made me worse! It’s only been 6 weeks but I’m seeing some slight improvement but got a way to go yet as for mood it can take a few months but the night sweats have stopped already.

I also get what seems like urine infections but my urine tests are clear, frequencies going for a pee which ends up leaving me sore 😩 the Estrogel should help with this I’m told.

I totally understand you want to be your old self and feel like crying, I do actually cry as I’m fed up feeling like this and not doing normal things like I used to.

Gonna stick with the HRT for a few months and hopefully these small improvements will become bigger ones.

Big hugs to you and try to stay positive.

Quick question, why did you get the Vagifem what were your symptoms? On the menopause matters website most ladies say they have full HRT and vagifem ?

Matt 

• Posted

Hiya Thankyou for your reply. I was given Estrogel about a year ago by the doc but when I got home and read the instructions it said you had to have not had a period for 6 months and at that time I was still having periods. It’s something I may ask again about though.

I was given vagifem for vaginal atrophy. I haven’t been able to have intercourse for about 18 months now as it is so painful i couldn’t take it. It was a gradual thing and I had scans,smears and ultrasounds but it came down to thinning of the skin inside. This makes it feel like sharp scratchy burning hot pain whenever we try to get it together. We tried tons of lives and stuff but dryness just wasn’t the issue. Doc says these vagifem will help so I’m hoping so.

I will go back in a month after using it for a while if I still have no relief.

The mood swings I get are truly horrific and it’s all just sapped my happiness, confidence and strength. I feel like a moaning mini too and it’s so not me!!!! 

The dizzy spells this week were truly awful and I was quite frightened. Hubby is fab and understands when I go off to just try and relax and breathe my way through things but I mourn for my old self and that makes me cry.

Sorry I don’t mean to go in but thanks so much for your reply and I hope you are feeling brighter and having a good day today xxxx

• Posted

Hi Louise 

Isn’t it amazing that these things happen to us it’s so awful!

I was thinking about the vagifem for the same reason plus I’ve been getting frequent need to pee , sometimes I’m in the loo every 10 minuets and only do a small amount of urine , lots of women on the menopausematters firum day Vagefem can help with this too but I’ve only been on the Estrogel for 6 weeks so it’s early days and I’m just praying it helps with everything, my anxiety has taken over and I don’t even like leaving the house although I do force myself.

I hope the Vagefem helps you , if you can let me know I’d appreciate it then perhaps I can ask my GP for some.

I’ve had a lazy day as sleep was constantly interrupted last night with toilet visits ! So I’ve just chilled today.

The dizziness seems really common, it’s all very complicated these blooming hormones!

Matt 

• Posted

Oh I know it’s horrendous isn’t it? So many of us suffer in silence or put up with rolling eyes from others if you dare bring the subject up!

Yeah I’m hoping the vagifem works. It’s just so awful not enjoying intimacy with my hubby - he’s so very understanding but it breaks my heart. It’s so agonising painful though so I really can’t even just grit my teeth to get through the pain.

The doc wouldn’t recommend her for me for some reason as he wants me to try this first. So I’ll see how it goes!

Sorry to hear you’ve had toilet frequency issues too. That comes and goes for me too but the hot flushes and atrophy are my worst symptom (so far anyway!)

I hope you feel better today and thanks so much for your kind reply. Take care xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.