Dizzy spells after working, any help?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I am 18M and the past few weeks I've had these strange dizzy spells that feel like I am mildly tipsy. I have to wake up at 4 or 5 a.m. for work 5 days a week and my job involves heavy lifting. After I finish my shifts, I go to bed for a couple hours however, when I am about to fall asleep I get a dizzy feeling which feels like my head is falling or on other occasions like my eyes are moving side to side. This symptom only happens when I try to nap in the day after work, not at night and it goes away after a while allowing me to sleep. I have been to the doctors and have had a blood test, the blood test was fine and so was blood pressure so they put my symptoms down to stress after an 8 day stint of shifts in work. I felt relatively normal during the week I was off yet I have since returned to work and the symptoms have returned again but not as bad.

Other symptoms that I have that may be related are:

• Nausea

• Tiredness

• Jaw Pain

• Occasional blocked ears and ear pain

• Slight loss of appetite

• Occasional sudden alcohol intolerance

I don't smoke and I drink probably 15-20 units a week. I am somewhat active but I am overweight.

Any advice would be much appreciated and I am happy to give any more info if needed.

Thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Ears can use dizziness as well. Please get your ears tested and ask your doctor about possible Electronystagmography or ENG.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.