Dizzy spells and weakness in limbs

Posted , 11 users are following.

Has anyone experienced dizzy spells and lightheartedness.

Also weakness/numbness/pins and needles in head and all body and limbs.

Are these menopausal symptoms

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I feel like the ground just tilts but it coincides with starting or stopping a period and comes before the blinding headache that tells me tomorrow will be a bleed day. Yes to pins and needles, weakness and just the most weird sensations. It is terrible what hormones do to us x
  • Posted

Hi,

I cannot say for sure if it is meno or peri but I too experience these. I used to be strong but noticed that now when I pick up my young son my knees feel as they will just give in and bend. I have to stop and give it time for that awful feeling to go away. It is also scary. I feel also the pins and needles in my body and they travel. Numb feeling also travels all over my body. Scarysad It all started last spring and it has been on and off. I saw a neurologist. She did some testing and i seemed okay. Some days it is better. Others it scares me a lot.

• Posted

Hi yes I get slightly dizzy and light headed a few days before my period. I also get pins and needles amd vibrating all over my body. Sometimes my joints ache like I am 90!
  • Posted

Yes to all of the above.

I am well into my menopause.

I have weeks of feeling light headed / dizzy.

Today I felt awfully dizzy.

Pins n needles in head then down through body.

Limbs felt heavy.

Very frightening.

I was terrified I was having a stroke or something.

(Touch wood).

Still don't feel 100% hours after.

I had some intense hot flushes yesterday.

I too have painful joints.

Awful feeling like this.

• Posted

Hi Bev, yes this happened to me too and im now menopausal, 14 mths since last period.these symptoms prob started about 2 yrs ago along with palps and panic attacks, increasing anxiety. It got so bad last april i went to ED, got mri but just showed minor wear n tear to neck. Ive been asking docs for 18 mths if all could be meno related and they kept saying too early to test, but tested me for everything else under the sun, which just added to the anxiety and ive ended up with health anxiety! My doc still wont come out n say its all meno related so im still having ECGs etc, due to palps, yet palps ate a common meno symptom. Fed up of the testing and worrying about results! Also have ibs for 2 yrs as ruled other things out, can burp all day n painful under left ribs. So don't worry hun, sounds to me like meno symptoms, hang on in there xx

• Posted

Julie

You need to find different doctor. It happened to me and I finally found the doctor that tested me for peri. I got tested 3 times given the hormones fluctuate so much and am in peri. It was such a relief as I was so worried.

Hugs, hope you will find the answer soon.

• Posted

Hi, they finally agreed to do hormone tests 14 months after last period, by which time i was having looping panic attacks even through the night, horrendous! So im now on betablockers, antidepressants for anxiety and diazepam as and when needed, though this week ive managed to hardly use it, oh and hrt evorel conti patches! Maybe if theyd tested sooner when i noticed higher anxiety the hormone patches wouldve been enough. Hopefully down the line i'll come off the ADs and stick with the HRT, we can hope lol. Thank you x

• Posted

Hi julie7525

It is reassuring cos your symptoms are exactly same as mine.

Palpitations,IBS,dizziness,anxiety etc.

I get pain badly in my sternum or just below it.

Awful frightening sensations.

Weak limbs.

Sometimes I feel my hands don't work properly.

My memory is bad.

Thank u for your reassurance.xxx

• Posted

I know we all get these werid symptoms during menopause, but not everything is necessarily menopause related. I have low blood pressure for many years (long before monopause hit me) and this is exactly how I felt. It might be no harm to get a check up with your Doctor in case you have other issues such as inner ear problems etc. XX
    • Posted

Hi Shazanne.

Yes you are right.

I will definitely visit the Doctor this week.

Thank you.x

• Posted

That's great. Hopefully its something simple that can be put right immediately whereas, thinking its a menopause issue could leave you suffering it indefinitely. Best of luck XXX

• Posted

Thank you Shazanne.

I will keep you posted.xx

• Posted

Bev, in one world YES, it just started with me, and I was freaking out until I learned it was one of the 66 symptoms. It comes and goes with me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.