sinus pain between eyes and top of nose

-pain behind eyes

-very dry nostrils

-forehead pain and tightness

-headaches

-lack of balance, very wonky but not spinning

-can't focus my eyes on things

-vague feeling

-whooshing and crackling sounds in both ears, throbbing sound when bend forwards

-anxiety

-panic attacks

-feeling like i am going to faint

What exactly is this? Doctors have not been able to diagnose me. I've come to a conclusion that it's PPPD. Has anyone experienced this?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Clayton...I'm going to go by one key thing that you mentioned which is the dry nostrils. Whenever my nose is very dry, my sinuses are as well and then I have all symptoms that you mentioned. This is a brutal time of year....dry outside and dry heat in the home. I even get the panic attacks. I just took this excerpt from the web:

"When the air you breathe is too dry, the mucus in your nose and sinuses won't flow properly and your sinuses won't drain as well as they should. Congestion can then lead to sinus pain and sinusitis. Sinusitis experts agree that adding humidity to the air with a humidifier is generally good for sinus health."

I use NeilMed NasaMist Nasal Wash which is for sinus/cold/allergy and use the large volume low pressure nasal rinse tip for both nostrils. Read instructions on back on can. This gave me tremendous relief when I was in pain a few days ago. Then, I use this stuff in a green tube call Rhinase. I think I may have gotten it from Amazon. I apply small amount throughout the day/night. These are the ONLY things that have helped me survive the dryness of winter. I had surgery in September and feel a lot better after having larrrrge cyst removed along with bone spur and fixing of deviated septum, etc. I started to get pain again once it became dry outside and started to panic then did my rinses and I am feeling better again. I hope this helped because I know where you're at! Lori

• Edited

I feel nervous with my symptoms and nauseated at times. Mine is all on the left side of my face but the headache and pressure just cant go away. I squeeze in the mornings and when i blow my nose it is always clear mucus coming out, kinda like water. Is my caused by allergeries or is it sinus trouble. I have no fever with this but just feel bad

• Edited

clayton93598 what you just described is exactly what I have been feeling for about 4 weeks. It's such a miserable feeling! Have you been able to find any relief?

• Posted

I can def relate. I am dealing with sinusitis, at least I think that's what it is. I feel miserable and light headed with tons of sinus pressure. Nothing I do seems to help get rid of it and I am so-so over it. This has been going on for about 3 weeks now. Sorry you're not feeling well either.

• Posted

Thank you so much, and I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling the same way. It's absolutely miserable, then I get panicky because it's not going away. I hope you find some relief soon. I'm waiting on approval to get a CT scan of my sinuses and to see the ENT I was referred to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.