Dizzy, tired, random headaches

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

I have been suffering with random headaches /pressure, horrible fatigue, whooshing sound in left ear, ears popping, and now dizziness for over a month. I've been going back and forth with my Dr to find a cause and the only thing that has been found was a cyst on my sphenoid sinus and bilateral maxillary cysts. I have read though that these normally don't cause any symptoms they are usually just incidental findings looking for another illness. I don't have any congestion so I don't know if it could be a sinus infection. I've had plenty of them and I usually get horribly congested during. I just don't feel right and no medicine has worked for me to help my symptoms. I'm just at a loss. Has anyone experienced this before? If you have what was it? I'm currently waiting on an ENT Dr. to call me for an appointment.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had a similar issue two years ago. I started drinking more water every day and it helped
  • Posted

Do you have any other issues going on ....ibs like symptoms? Joint pain anything like that?
    • Posted

I've had some stomach pains for a long time but my Dr just said it's probably the food I eat and didn't really look anymore into it. This might be too much information but I've been kind of bloated and gassy here and there. I don't really have joint pains sometimes my tiredness makes me feel weak.

• Posted

ok I had a lot of similar symptoms at the onset of auto immune disease and the sinus problem is with me constantly. It settled a bit recently with the use of hydroxychloroquine which is an anti inflammatory. Prescribed for something quite different - pain in my feet - but had the happy effect of settling the sinuses a bit. My joint pain didn't start til quite late in the day. Just to see where you're at ask for blood tests to cover ana esr and crp. ENT were sadly no good to me when I went to them as they just didn't understand what the problem was. In the end it was a rheumatologist and an immunologist who got to the bottom of my problem. The problem with my tummy is caused by inflammation in the stomach lining. Perhaps your doctor would consider a gastroscopy before he makes pronouncements about what is causing your issue. Good luck. 

• Posted

Have you taken any antibiotics for these symptoms?  Cipro can cause more problems than it cures!

It make be an idea to take evening primrose oil (1000mg capsule a day). It can help with sinus trouble and is also good for you generally. 

Otherwise, take a look at what you eat and see if there's too much sugar or something that is causing the gas.  Maybe going dairy-free will help as many people are intolerant of dairy without realising.  It can encourage mucous production plus cause the gas.  Look it up and see if you think cutting dairy out may help.

• Posted

I had  surgery about a year ago for a blocked sphenoid sinus. But I had no symptoms. Which is unusual though. The dr was concerned at first. My CT said there were signs of bone thinning. The optic nerve and the carotid artery are both next to the sinus. But all went well. I’d bet that the cyst is causing your problems. Removing them may resolve your problems . A ENT should get to the bottom of this. Hope the best, Geo 
  • Posted

Hello i also have all these problems that you are describing except the cysts in sinuses. Ive been to 6 ENT and after 6 years of this they decided to schedule deviated septum surgery. Its just crazy how in my case i go to sleep with this and wake up the same....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.