Dizzy when I stand up a lot!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone I just wanted to talk about dizziness. So when I stand up from my chair or sofa I get kind of dizzy and loss of vision and I think the correct term is orthopedic hypotension or something like that. But anyway I do suffer from anxiety and everytime I stand up I do think about before standing up like “I’m gonna get dizzy” “am I gonna g et dizzy” you know things like that and it seems like every time I think of it, it mostly happens but idk I need answers. Also I still do started getting my kind of tension headaches; when I lay my head down it hurts when I pick it up sometimes so idk if these things are related but please I need help. Does anyone think this is all anxiety or what and to mention a couple months ago I had blood test and it did say I was a bit dehydrated and also don’t eat very well and I’m 16 years old to mention as well. So can please help. Thanks!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey Andy, sure sorry you are having this trouble at such an early age. I am 71 and have suffered migraines for 50 years. It was finally diagnosed as Dysautonomia due to traumatic brain injuries but there are many other causes. I went from dizzy to bad vertigo and blackouts. I would suggest you write down your physical history, falls, diseases and childhood sicknesses then write out all the questions you have. When you see the doctor you will more easily remember the questions to ask and information doctor may want. Good luck, I will be praying for answers for you.

Blessings, Ken

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply kenaz and just to let you know I never had any injuries at all no sickness nothing. Well nothing really really bad. But I did start suffering from anxiety 2017 I’m pretty sure November 
  • Posted

Ask for a ecg and echo on your heart at the very least , if all is well there you might need a tilt table test as it could be vvs or similar , its common in younger people , i dont think this is anxiety at all but it doesnt sound dangerous, could also be a glitch with one of your glands , get the heart checked first then tilt table test 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.