Dizzy when walking in dark and seeing spots.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone. Just to start off with I do get vertigo and but what I'll be explaining is something a bit different. I noticed this about 4 weeks ago as I normally dont walk around the house in the dark but I was spending the night at a friends and we had walked through her garage and into her house but to get into the main area we had to go through a room and a hallway with two doors. As this was my friends house was used to this, and I have been over plenty of times so I know the layout, but this time she didnt turn the lights on. As I was walkinh I got dizzy, it felt like I was on a rocking ship with everything going left and then right. I also saw large spots in front of me, like when you look at a light and look away and see those spots but to me they were about the size of a pillow and were a white/shimmery silver. The spots would start small and then grow and eventually disappear, but there would be many of these spots in my visison. I dont feel nausea when this happens just extreme dizziness to the point I had to stop walking and close my eyes or keep blinking and use the wall as a guide. At one point it was so bad I had to call my friend back to come get me and turn the light on because I was so dizzy. As soon as the lights on my balance takes about a second to fix itself and then its like nothing was wrong at all. This has happened a few times sense then, it's not a major concern for me as it doesnt seem to be anything major and isn't affecting my life. I'm just curious if anyine knows what this is or has similar experiences.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.