Dizzy with hot flashes

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI

I'm new to your board.  I have some questions, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have been post menopausal for 3 yrs now.  I am also hypothyroid and my thyroid levels have been off for a couple months and we are trying to get those back to normal.  In the past 8 months I've been having dizziness and my ENT says I have vestibular dysfunction and will be starting rehab theray to help with it.  Its a feeling of rocking sensation when I'm sitting, standing, walking, I have it quite a bit.  In the past month or two i've noticed when I have some hotflashes and night sweats, not everytime  but more than before I will get very dizzy and off balance as the hot flash is coming on, sometimes they only last a few seconds, but today it seemed to go on for mins, so of course my anxiety set it.  Now that the anxiety is here the dizziness continues just at a lower level.  i had to take a xanax to get myself to calm down.  I used to have just the normal hot flash and then this started, also the flashed are more intense sometime to the point of just plain soaked, this happen during the day and alot at night, my night sweats have gotten to the point where i sometimes have to change clothes.  

I do have anxiety disorder and mostly about my health, so when the vertigo started it came back with a vengence.  Do anyone have any advise or help they can offer.  I would appreciated it.

Thanks

Patty

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Welcome to the boards!!! I'm kind of a newbie myself. Do you remember what your TSH number was the last time you had it checked?
    • Posted

Hi 

My TSh was 10, range .045 - 4.50,  It was high because things have been so messed up since the steriod injections I had and my anxiety was awful so the endo dropped the dosage of meds to see if the anxiety was from that, now we are working on getting it back to normal.  Its been 3 weeks and waiting til 6 to do labs to re check. 

Do you have a thyroid condition?

• Posted

My TSH was 5.26 but everything else was fine so yes, I'm at the beginning. I try and eat food that is good for thyroid function and my number Did go down a little from the last time. Although I am not post menopausal, I do know that dizziness is a symptom of fluctuating hormones.
  • Posted

Hi patty..............  Ive onlybeen post for 1 year, my symptoms during peri started off mild and became extremely bad, i peeked and then my periods finshed, have had no period for just over a year now, and my symptoms have declined and become much  milder, i feel more settled and have a balanced feeling back, and more like my old self, whilst i do still have my symptoms they are no where near as bad, however, i was told that night sweats and hot flashes become worse once in post and symptoms can last for 5 years after post, my friend has been post for 4 years and has no symptoms whatsoever now, but some women it can get worse after post, depends on how many hormones you have lost, so if it continues then you may need to go on HRT short term.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.