dizzyness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies

im after a little advice nearly 4 weeks po after TAH and ovaries removed.

Does or has any one suffered from dizzyness at times? It can happen if I am sat down or even lay down I go very light headed and my family say I go white in colou.it normally happens around once a week but they are getting more frequent and I find it happens if there is too much going on at home or when I have visitors.im only taking herbal remedies and everyday pain relief so im thinking its not the medication.getting a little concerned as I fear I dont want them to be panic attacks,any advice would be grateful,many thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

If you haven't gone through menopause this forces you into it and anxiety is one symptom the drugs and aneasthics stay in yr system for upto a month after op are you eating properly
    • Posted

Hi thanks for your advice,appetite is amazing and a good balanced diet.taking hebal remedies for hormone replacement all though they dont work fully they keep the flushes at bay and I must say now I think of it the dizzyness isnt as bad but still there.wished I would have been told this prior to op.many thanks for your advice and hope you have a speedy recovery
    • Posted

I first read your post earlier and replyed with what herbal remedies I was taking as you couldn't take hrt and it went to moderation as I named the tablets but I will try again,so hope you get the info,ile post it separately now
    • Posted

Im taking black cohosh and also red clover and they have lifted my mood and weepiness and also keep the hot flushes under control a little on the expensive side but as long as they work I dont mind.have reduced just to the black cohosh now one a day and not having any problems and now sleeping fully threw the night. can sometimes feel a build of a hot flush but then it dissappears as quick as it started,hope you get some relief soon
    • Posted

Its gone to moderation again gggrrrr.right ile try this im taking two kinds of tabs and they are both colours by names one is black the other is red both colours start the name of the tablet
    • Posted

First one cohosh second one clover
  • Posted

Hi. I'm 6 weeks with ovaries removed. On livial as can't take hrt for 6 months and I get mini dizzy spells which can happen sat down. It's like split second and gone again. I think it's body trying to balance hormones. I mentioned it to Dr on check up and she wasn't concerned about it. I also get fizzy skin on my head too. Weird. I hope that as body gets used to hormone changes this will ease. Good luck
    • Posted

Thanks froggy for your reply.it is a strange feeling when it happens I also suffer from sinus trouble and had them operated on 15yrs ago ( and wouldnt have it done again!)

Trying to fatham out if it was due to TAH or sinus related but think its more towards the TAH and lack of hormones,us woman dont half suffer lol.

Good luck in your recovery,many thanks

• Posted

It could be side effects of herbal tablets. Read up on symptoms in case you need to cut back on doses. I have to admit the livial does work but it's a steroid based tablet so I am only taking until I have to as I've put on 6lb already sad because I have 12 years before natural menopause I have researched lots and it's beneficial for me to have hrt despite the risks. The risks of not having them seem worse. When I get into my 50s I can start to rethink it. I'm definitely coming back as a man lol
    • Posted

Haha like the man comment think I will be a tree as I resemble a trunk now lol.... I stopped one of them as they were 3 x a day so now only taking just one a day in case it was them.will see my gp week before wedding I think for hrt ( then take it after lol)and hopefully by then will be back into light excersies and work. Thanks for your reply,not weighed myself yet incase I pass out due to the increase haha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.