Dizzyness and brainfog

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been on propranalol for 5 months on and off at a low dose of 10mg once in the morning to help my anxiety

lately though I've noticed I've been feeling detatched and foggy and very dizzy about the time they shoukd start wearing off.

has anyone else experienced anything like this at all? thank you 😊

do I need to come off slowly even though I was only on 10mg once a day.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I have been on this drug for quite a few years, not for mental health, but as a preventative for horrific migraines. They work for me in terms of the headaches.

I cant say i have experienced 'foggy' or dizzy spells, but initially i did pile on quite a bit of weight! (Now gone thankfully with adjustments to diet)

For me, this drug has been a lifesaver, 40 mg twice a day, and i have been told by my GP that if and when i come off this drug it will have to be managed carefully. So YES, coming off slowly is the answer with guidence from your medical practitioner.

5 months on a drug isnt a long time. Why not give it a bit longer? You dont mention if the anxiety is any better? If it is then i would be tempted to give it a bit longer.

Take care

K

• Posted

hey x I'm glad they are working for you that's great! they dont help my mental anxiety just stop the heart racing and shaking x I'm on citalopram aswell as it worked great in the past x

my main worry is going crazy because of the anxiety so having brain fog terrifies me a lot so wasnt sure wether the propranolol can cause it x thank you for your input x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.