Dizzyness bpv?? Not sure

Posted , 2 users are following.

OK so the issue is I have anxiety and have done for 10+ years. But only recently well aug 2021 I woke up one morning feeling lightheaded and off balance. I knew it wasn't anxiety as iv never had it like this for this long now it's been 7months.. I get some days where it isn't so bad and some days I can feel really of balance. The first doctor said they think it's bpv (benign positional vertigo) small crystals loose In my ear. She gave me some exercises which haven't worked to be honest. And I went back and saw another doctor who did some eye movement test and said she doesn't seem to think it is bpv as my eye movements are ok and did the test for bpv with no obvious signs. She told me it could be due to my anxiety but I tried to tell her that I no the difference and I have experienced so many anxiety related issue and this isn't one because its constant sometimes and anxiety physical symptoms are temporary. I'm looking for anyone else who may have had similar experiences that I have had and found a cure etc to get rid of this dizzyness.

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

hello warwic im dealing with it since 1,5 years now it all have started with ppi stomach pills omeprazole nobody believed me even doctors doesnt know whats wrong everyone pushed it to anxiety i still feel not myself missing the old me. same i know how anxiety feels but noone understand me. its so hard and dont know what to do.

• Posted

Strange really went to the doctors Friday just gone and she has diagnosed me with BPV she seems my eyes flicker when doing the test which is a big sign of BPV so we are doi g the epley menouver Tuesday see how we get on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.