dla

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all well I finally got awarded dla for my daughter who was diagnosed with PTSD but was only awarded low rate disability and middle rate care component but now the doctor is saying she is autistic as this is a permanent illness would she be entitled to a higher rate of dla

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Be aware that they are phasing out DLA and replacing it with PIP.I think that is what it is called)

How long has she been awarded DLA for is it for life?

They are even checking up on people who have it for life (like me)

I have middle rate and by the sound of it your daughter should be entitled to a higher rate. However I am not an expert. Best thing is to go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau, they really helped me to get mine.

Good luck with all this.

Take care

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah my daughter is only 12 Years old and has just been awarded dla as from last week so it's all new to me so I don't know what her entitlements are but up to now she has only got it til may next year. So I'm hoping things may change and she will be able to get what she's entitled to and many thanks for your reply xx
    • Posted

Hi Sarah my daughter is only 12 Years old and has just been awarded dla as from last week so it's all new to me so I don't know what her entitlements are but up to now she has only got it til may next year. So I'm hoping things may change and she will be able to get what she's entitled to and many thanks for your reply xx
  • Posted

sorry that your daughter needs DLA in the first place.  With regards to her new diagnosis, its how it afects her, not the diagnosis. New symptoms with DLA have to have been present for 26 weeks (6 months), so bear in mind any new symptoms, make a note of when they started and reclaim at the right time. DLA is being fased out and replaced by PIP, which has a diferant assesment. if I was you I would not worry about that, they will let you kow when it is the time to change bennifits. When you have to reapply for anything, I suggest you get help from citizens advice, fightback or other experienced person. good luck for your future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.