DLA

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone is on DLA (PIP) or have applied for it for Bronchietasis

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I amazes me how many different treatments there seem to be for bronchiectasis. Like so many medicines mentioned on this site, DLA is yet another one I've never heard of. With such a range of treatments available there must be a need for a national treatment strategy as treatment seems entirely random at the moment. I've been on a daily dose of Spireva for about a year now and it has transformed my life. The breatlessness has gone, and I don't seem to be getting as many infections as previously. I was prescribed it when attending my 6 monthly chest clinic appointment by a doctor I hadn't seen before, so each doctor seems to have their own ideas about medication. Surely things could be coordinated better as it seems like the luck of the draw as to whether people are treated effectivelly at the moment.
    • Posted

DLA is disability living allowance just wondered if anyone has claimed for it.
  • Posted

Lol! That's a relief, but I'll still stand by my comments!
  • Posted

Have been told it needs to be advanced to be considered . Dont know if this is right.
  • Posted

There are lots of different treatments but probably towards the same aim.The doctors will want to keep it simple and depending on the severity the treatment may vary.Bear in mind that some peaples may be on other medications which may react with new medicines.I for one appear to have a mild bronchiectasis localised to one lobe and have worked all my life so would be unable to claim DLA. If anyone needs to claim it the rules are simple. An illness or disability needs to have been present for 9 months,this is to prevent claims from everyone with a broken leg or a bad back(unless it goes on) Peaple with cancer can claim with specail form. DLA is a benefit in the UK for longterm disability for people under the age of 65. If over 65 consider attendance allowance.
  • Posted

PIP or personal independence payment replace DLA for new and later existing claimants. If anyone is finding it hard to manage daily living activities it would be worth claiming.
    • Posted

True there is I harm in trying. I find it hard with concentration at work and when I get a cold it hits me really hard as I'm diabetic too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.