Dla

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ,I had someone from the job centre to fill the form , they received it 6 weeks ago my social worker called on Monday but they told her that they received it and are dealing any one with a same problem ,need advice , as I'm disabled and under the mental health , and I got arthritis in both knees and the surgeon said the left is out of service and he can't operate it's 2 risquer please I'm going crazy help

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I would try to get a second opinion about having an operation on your knee.

I had Total Knee Replacement 3 years ago. I had to fight to get it done, but stuck to my guns and went for it. Best thing I ever did. It's like having my life back.

As regards DLA and PIP you just have to give them time, they will not be rushed.

Good luck, take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Are you sure that it is DLA and not PIP?

6 weeks isn't that long in the grand scheme of things DWP wise. PIP can easilly take 12 weeks and it is not unknown to take 9 months!

Have you submitted all of the relevant evidence to support which of the descriptors you are relying on?

PIP is an evidence based benefit - the more and better evidence that you have the more likely that you will get a positive result,

• Posted

Yes it's DLA not pip ...as PIP doesn't start in London till  2017 , I was asking if anyone got someone from the dwp coming to their houses and fill the form 
  • Posted

I still think that you are still a little confused. It is hoped that everyone (including London) will have been tested for PIP by 2017. The National roll out for PIP will start sometime this year.
  • Posted

I thought that you said that someone at the Jobcentre had helped you fill out the form? Why are you asking about home visits to fill out the form?

Visiting Officers only ever come out to the most vulnerable in society.The DWP make that decision.

• Posted

Hi may be I'm a bit confused but when asked him he said London till 2017 , because when I received a DLA form I was a bit surprised , but still my friend got her dla form in marsh and got an answer in 2 weeks till 2017 , Thant why I was asking. Anyone who got an dwp officer helping to fill the form if any on this chat ,and thank you 
    • Posted

Hi les59996 , just got the letter from the dwp and it's DLA , and it's very good news as it says an definite award ,thank you 
    • Posted

That's excellent news. I think you mean 'indefinite'? As I have said, PIP is just around the corner so I would suggest that you start getting your evidence together now for the re-assessment.
    • Posted

Morning yes it's indefinite period . And I got all my evidence , for another assessment in 2017 or may be not after a call to the social service ,they said they may move you from dla to pip , as I'm registered disabled and they know about it,  I got the bracelet alarm to call them if I have a fall or can't move , .so hopefully will have someone who's qualified doctor not physiotherapists :-) 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.