Dla

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well I lost my appeal with the tribunal to get Dla for my daughters PTSD my question is can I appeal against the decision and will it cost me to do so or would I just be best to make a fresh claim after the 6 months in August?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes you should apply for a Mandatory reconsideration within 30 days of the date of the decision notice. If that fails go for a Tribunal hearing - you must apply for that within 30 days of the MR decision.

No it won't cost you a penny

• Posted

Yes already done that les it was the tribunal that I lost but I was wanting to know if I could appeal against their decision and whether it will cost me
    • Posted

Yes you can appeal to an Upper Tribunal. Not sure if this is a little more like a courtroom as opposed to a panel and not sure of the costs, if any. If you go to their website or just google upper tribunal you should find some useful information there

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.