dla

Posted , 4 users are following.

well yesterday got the dreadful brown envelope was refused dla for my daughter they said to qualify she would need encouragement with bodily functions or prolonged watching over to avoid substantial danger to herself or others. yet on the application form I stated she needs to be woken during the night to use the toilet and also watched severel times a night as she is a self harmer. confused??? do they even read the application forms properly. definitely asking for a mandatory reconsideration..

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

same happened to me, tbh it seems like thay dont even care now and im possitive its because of how much people abused the dla.
  • Posted

Unbelievable!!!!
    • Posted

it makes me sick to the stomach knowing that my daughter genuinely is entitled to dla and gets refused yet there's several alcoholics and drug abusers get it without assessements

• Posted

Oh yes,  you read about them every day in the paper, it makes me really angry to be honest x
    • Posted

Not trying to jump on the band wagon but i kid you not .....a number of years ago i lost everything in a house fire and while in the process of trying to get myself sorted out i had no help what so ever , so I cashed in all my favours by sleeping on friends sofas ,when that dried up i slept here and there ,even on the streets

This was at the time of the influx of the 1st refugees from Kosovo

In the city where i live , entire floors on blocks of flats where decorated from to to bottom ....new everything , beds , sofas , full white goods cooker , washing machine , fridge ..kettle,toaster and so on even a telly! .... You guessed it ....not for those of us who wherr already here ,but those who just arrived .....to top it off some of said kosovan's proceeded to sell the entire contents to local spivs at the markets for a few hundred quid ....then claimed they where robbed to the DWP (still called. Department for social security) at the time then proceeded to replace everything and it would start again ....

Meanwhile i had to fight for everything ....why i mention it , i can empathise , i also know ymthat junkies and alkies get extra benefits to feed thier habits....booze allowance is the price of a bottle of vodka per day or two strong bottles of wine!!!!! Beggars belief!!!

• Posted

My hubby used to live in the Midlands many years ago and can absolutely go along 100% with what you say.  
    • Posted

totally agree too it's time something was changed

• Posted

Was only told yesterday about a guy who was looking to get back into work doing a driving job ...after loosing his job as a mechanic due to being ill for 6 months....he had worked continuadly for 11years.....he asked the DWP for a loan and was told point blank by a woman at his local joke shop (job center) that they catergorically will not lend him anything for car hire ect .......several months pass the same guy is at a car rental firm (where he used to work as a mechanic) visiting friends

Who walks in the same woman from the jobcenter who refused him previously

She has with her a foriegn man .....she talks to the receptiinist.....hands over a CHEQUE ......then walks outside .....the ex-mechanic asks the receptionist what that was about .....the girl behind the counter says "oh that was the DWP dropping of payment for a years car hire"

So as you can guess the guy who was refused any help wasn't best pleased ....

• Posted

A rule for one and a rule for another. exclaim

• Posted

I can imagine that's the way the pathetic system works they certainly like to make their own rules up😠

• Posted

Hi Davina

Thats what i've been led to believe aswell!

• Posted

Hi Sukes

This sadly is the place we live!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.