Dla

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone can help me I appealed a reconsideration decision for my son now I have appeal but reseveied paper work photo copies of all paper work don't no weather it means iv lost appeal or its just what has been sent to appeal I don't understand it it says why they have made decision on photo copies I just no weather its been turned can anyone help please xxx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Was it in a big brown envelope. With pages numbered. If so they are what's been sent to the appeal courts. You will get a date through but could take time. I'm going through this my appeal is in 2 weeks. Goid luck.

Mark

• Posted

Yeah I just thought I'd lost appeal hope you get yours and thank you very much put my mind at rest am st the point of just giving up every time I appeal it gets knocked back think this is NY last chance my son is an idiotic toe walker and has been like this since he was nine months old he's 8 now been in and out of cast for the last 3 years for 6 to 8 weeks at a time then splints for 6 months at a time the hospital have made his feet worst cause they left casts on to long now he has no arch on his feet at all now still been refused its so frustrating they say my child hasn't got a disability when clearly he has hope all goes well for tour appeal and thanks for putting my mind at rest

• Posted

When you sent off the papers for this Appeal did you ask for a paper based decision or are you both going to sttend in person? The reason i ask is because the chances of wining are much greater if you appear in person rather than just having the paper based decision. Did you also send in evidence to support your claim? The more evidence also the better your chances. Good luck smile
    • Posted

I ask for paper appeal as iv just had a stroke and am recovering also am a full time career for my mum there is no one to look after my mum as I don't have any other family members I sent evidence of hosputial school pysco pycolists fingers crossed don't you think iv got a chance with a paper appeal if I could of attended myself I would but I just carnt thanks for your advice much appreciated fi

• Posted

Well the chances of wining if you appear in person are much greater, i'm not saying you have no chances of winning. I don't know the actual figures for DLA but i do know the figures in general are much greater if you appear. This is because it gives them a chance to see the claimant in person rather than just reading the evidence etc. Hopefully for you and your son the decision will go in your favour. Tribunal times do vary depending on where you are in the country. Some people are waiting months just to recieve a date. Sorry to hear about your stroke! Good luck with the appeal and please do come back and let us know the outcome.

• Posted

Thank you your advice hasnt made me think I carnt win I was just saying the reason I had to have a paper appeal any advise is appricated as I don't have a clue with all this it just seems like an endless battle fighting all the time it just makes you want to give up even when you no that your child or family members are entitled to the benefit but carnt get them thank you very very much I let you no out come

• Posted

Please dont8 give up. You can ring the number on the forms sent to you by the courts. They are really very nice + will explain what is happening.

Mark

• Posted

Please ring the courts for an update. As this is a very stressful time. They will advise you on where everything is up to.

Mark

• Posted

I won't and I will ring up to explain its just so frustrating that's all thanks for all your help and advice its good to no you can come on hear and get advice thank you I'll let you no my out come

• Posted

I will ring now and let you no what they say be back to you soon thank you
    • Posted

Goid luck. They are usually really nice and helpful. And it's due to this site my mum has been able to learn more and help me.

Mark

• Posted

Thanks just waiting in a que let you no out come thanks you make people have a little bit of hope with your comments thanks again
    • Posted

I have phone up am waiting on someone to ring me back as kept me on hold for 45mins as soon as the ring me I'll let you no

• Posted

Hi Sonya, I am presuming you mean idiopathic toe Walker
    • Posted

I realised LOL didn't think no matter how fed up with the whole red tape you would call your son an idiot, I hope your able to get some help towards dealing with his disability as well

• Posted

Thank you I no what you meant good some advice thou glad I came on here feel a bit more positive now thank s

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.