DLA

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have not received a payment for my DLA since May after I applied for PIP

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

Why haven't you received payment? is it because you were refused PIP? More information is needed to be able to help you because with little information it's impossible to give any advice.

• Posted

the pip is pending and i thought my DLA payments were ongoing until PIP DISISION

• Posted

This is correct but only if they received your PIP forms back within the time stated. If you were late returning them then your DLA will stop.

Have you rang DWP to ask why they stopped? You've left it all this time to ask on forum? 😮

• Posted

i am sure it is illegal to stops my payments or are they keeping the money for brexit andi keep ringing every day and i did not know about the forum until now

• Posted

You haven't answered my question.

It's definitely not illegal to stop any payments. There must have been a reason to stop them and that reason is either because you didn't apply for PIP within the timescale when you first received the letter to apply.

Or you didn't return the PIP forms on time.

If you didn't do any of these within the time given then your DLA will stop.

If you're awarded PIP successfully then you'll be backdated to the date your money stopped.

• Posted

Denise is right you're dla will stop if you don't return the forms as requested on time or some other information you may have been asked for.

• Posted

To all concerned i do not know why it has stopped as i have sent my form back well before the PiP deadline

• Posted

does anyone know any other way to contact DWP as I have spent over 300 miniutes trying to speak to someone and there isnt a facility on there to ask for a call back

• Posted

There's nearly always a long wait for someone to answer and very often you can be waiting an hour, sometimes longer. I always find ringing early in the morning the best time. It's a free number to ring so my advice is to ring and wait in the queue for someone to answer.

Sending letters to DWP isn't the best way to communicate with them because they often don't answer. The address to write to is also different depending on what are you live.

• Posted

To be honest there's not much CAB can do other than ring them on your behalf, which can also take time. Trying to get an appointment with these is often a nightmare because they are so busy.

The tick is to keep on hold until they answer, it's free so no worries about the cost anymore.

• Posted

Maybe it depends where you live.

My local CAB were absolutely brilliant.

Getting an appointment was no problem and they filled in my PIP form for me.

They also kept in contact with me until I received a decision.

Could not fault them at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.