Dla appeal won untill 2020 for my 15 year old but it's replaced by pip is next year

Posted , 5 users are following.

The court accepted my appeal for my sons dla and put it in place from 2015 till 2020 but he is 16 next year, people I know says he will lose it as it goes to pip instead of dla, is this correct thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It might be that PIPS do their own assessment on your son. If you look up the descriptor points on Google it might help. Otherwise I would ring DWP and they should be able to answer your question. Best of luck 🍀
  • Posted

That's right. It doesn't matter what period DLA was awarded for- it will finish on his 16th birthday.

He will then have to apply for PIP in his own right.

• Posted

How on can anyone say that unless they are clairvoyant!   That's a load of rubbish,  please don't listen to them.  You son might or might not get pip when the time comes but until then try not to worry over it.  x

• Posted

Totally agree , lets face it - we all know that some will get PIP after DLA is no longer available whereas some don't get accepted , every individual case is different x

• Posted

Unfortunately for some, those that are not awarded PIP on transfer are indeed some of the most deserving of cases.

PIP has moved away from how DLA was assesed which was purely on the difficulties encountered because of a disability to you having to fit into various boxes and get enough points.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.