DLA applied for 11 year old with anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have applied for DLA for my 11 year old son after years of anxiety, chronic constipation, headaches and now panic attacks and talk of self harm. I sent all his medical notes and when i phoned for an update was told theyd asked school for a report , when they received that they then have now asked GP for a report and are awaiting it, I feel as if they are stalling and finding any way they can to turn down r refuse DLA. Has anyone else had experience of this and was successful?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think for best help go to Citizens Advice they deal with these kind of problems all the time.

Best of luck, Dave.

• Posted

Hi there

Similar the key thing is yes provide them with info and politely encourage the different parties to provide the info as quickly as possible.

Remember stay polite and calm, certainly the first couple of times you deal with them, after that and you feel you are not getting anywhere, try asking to escalate your issues/problems and speak to supervisor and manager!

Also stay calm and cool DO NOT swear or get angry at them, they will switch off and ignore you!!!

I know it's frustrating (I really do know!!) stay with it and remember DON'T GIVE UP!! You can win, don't let them grind you down!

Try not to bottle things up, for you and your son's health and sanity! Seriously you need someone you can rant and rage at, who is not going to get hurt about what you say. You could try counselling (but that could mean waiting lists!!) or support groups?

I'm willing to listen and offer support and suggestions or though I'm not official qualified! Unless life experience counts!!!

Keep going and smiling

All The Best

Richard

😃

• Posted

Thank you richardjunior what a lovely post, I have kept my cool (so far) its just so frustrating but hopefully outcome will be worth it, it is hard on whole house when one child needs more attention but we get through it. Thank u once again

• Posted

Keep going, remember all smile, wave and be happy everyone will get there...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.